corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » X (2000) Aprilia RS125 £1000ono

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X (2000) Aprilia RS125 £1000ono
dannymccann

User status: Offline
16th Jul 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For sale is a 2000 (X) Aprilia RS125. I have owned this bike since March 09, buying it the night I passed my CBT. Since then it has covered 3000km. I am selling it due to buying a ZXR400 after passing my test this month.

During these 3000km, the following has been done to the bike:

Properly derestricted, using a new solenoid unit due to the previous one seizing
New NGK BR10EG spark plug
Whole new top end, barrel, piston, rings, circlips, gaskets, the lot (I bought the Top End Rebuild kit from PJME for £200 – Mitaka brand, but as good as original, if PJME sell it it cant be bad!) which has now covered 1500km
New front brake pads (Sintered) last week, changed the brake fluid at the same time so now it is new and clear
It has a brand new speedo cable
Arrow can fitted – not technically road legal but the marks are hidden by the mounting point and it sounds so much better than the original exhaust, the original can I will throw into the sale as well for MOT / insurance purposes

The new top end means a piston and ring change is not required for another 4500km at least, but the buyer may well wish to do this service item as soon as they pick the bike up, it is totally up to you.

The bike is always run on Castrol TTS (now called PowerTTS), which can be bought in 1L bottles from Halfords for £11, I have about 750ml left in the current bottle so will chuck that in with the bike. It is always warmed up to 55 on the digidash before setting off, and only ridden up to 5k (before the CDI blip) until the temp reaches 67/68 – this is key to prevent a heat seizure. You will see where I live is surrounded by 30mph speed limits and schools for about 2 miles, so its quite easy to set off slowly without holding anyone up while you warm up completely.

The majority of my riding takes place through town on the way to work (10km each way). Mainly 30 – 50mph speed limits which I rarely break as there is always kids and cops about, although I do use the rev range up to about 10k to stop the power valve (PV) blade getting carbon’ed up. It is sensible to use the top end of the RPM every now and again to keep the blade from seizing, otherwise it’s a pain and faff of a job to remove and clean if it gets stuck in the exhaust port!

It has been set to over oil slightly, to help with lubrication which is so important on these highly tuned 2 strokes, better to be safe than sorry! It doesn’t interfere whatsoever with the running of the bike.

All the electrics work perfectly fine, I have fitted special bulbs which have a blue tint to give a crisper, whiter light for night use, as the yellowy standard bulbs aren’t much cop. A spare, brand new bulb will also be included with the sale. I have fitted a new NGK Spark Plug Cap as the original (being 11 years old) had perished and started letting water soak into the power for the spark plug. I have tested this considerably in the pouring rain and can vouch that this issue is now resolved.

Since I’ve had the bike its been kept tucked up in my garage away from the wet weather and the stifling sun which we experienced a month ago.

Relatively low miles is also a benefit of this listing, around 14000km on the clock covered by the bottom end. These are known to be fine well past 25000km so a lot of life left in the bottom end yet. Unfortunately, there are a few bad points to take into consideration, nothing particularly major though.

Speedo drive has seized up – I bought a brand new Aprilia speedo drive 3 months ago and it has been fine, the seller forgot to mention that because they no longer come with a water resistant plastic casing that they need to be lubricated every week to stay in working order – as you can imagine I neglected this service item so it has stopped working. £40 for the drive and a friend to either hold the bike up or take the front wheel off and its done.

The right hand side of the bike (looking from the back) has several scratches down it. This is where a previous owner has spilled it down the road. I have taken a picture of the worst offenders, but will attempt to T-cut / polish some of the scratches out, as I believe they are only light. If I was keeping the bike any longer I would be saving for a respray, but it was my first bike so I was more concerned about important parts like the engine being good, as opposed to the cosmetic bits. On the panel you will someone has attempted to replace a genuine bolt with a wood screw or something of that ilk. My motto is if it aint broke don’t fix it, and while it doesn’t look particularly good, the panel is solidly attached to the frame.

Overall it’s a great little bike. It looks excellent, and if you have passed your test and don’t have to have L plates non-bikers mistake it for a ‘proper’ bike. It pulls very well in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, especially in the power band over 7800RPM. It idles well, has no random cut-outs, and is generally a great, reliable bike – as long as it is looked after. If you are still on L’s I can show you how to partially re-restrict it to conform to your license requirements better.

I greatly encourage coming to view the bike, unfortunately due to the insurance running out it is not covered for road use. The bike can be shown starting from cold, although I will not be allowing test rides unless I can believe you are very serious about a potential purchase, it isn’t worth it for me for insurance purposes, my neighbours as the bike is rather loud, nor is it fair on the bike itself if someone turns up, starts it from cold and then thinks they can rag the hell out of it. On that note, there will be no viewings after 7pm as there are many young children in the close vicinity and I do not think it fair to disturb them unnecessarily.

Payment will be accepted in CASH ONLY. A non-refundable deposit will be required of £200 to secure the bike from gazumping and a receipt will be provided. I will hand my address out to people who message me through eBay, I do not wish to broadcast my address to the world for obvious reasons! Feel free to text me on 07928597587, I would prefer a text as I work random shift patterns in the day so very rarely can answer my phone.

This bike is advertised in local papers, forums on the internet, local businesses and eBay, the first person to come with a deposit of £200 gets first dibs. I can provide higher res pictures of what is on the ad if required, and can take pics of whatever you request, please be aware though I am using my N95 8GB, while it takes a decent picture it is no DSLR.

Please note this is a copy of my eBay ad and bike is located in Lincoln

[Edited on 20-07-2009 by dannymccann]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » X (2000) Aprilia RS125 £1000ono 24 database queries in 0.0141590 seconds