corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The runabout....Micro Project!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The runabout....Micro Project!
NovalutionGSi

User status: Offline
20th Jul 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Corsa has landed.... about 14months ago! i have got my Runabout here with me!
has been fairly well looked after although i have had to start removing a few of the Chavvy bits. some dodgy LED door lock pins, one of which had a fault and was flashing, have since found out there are 2 switches in the door bins, needless to say they have been removed. also need to find some replacement washer Jets!

Anyway, shall let the pictures let you know what model i have!

SO its red, and a vauxhall....

Ahhh gives you more of a clue!

and my Fav picture!

Only a few small little dinks on the wings/doors and rear Quarters. small amount of rust on the front arches and the worst panel being the boot! not bad at all for the amount i paid with 63K on the clock for a 1.6 16v Sport!

oh and my arms are now the same colour as my car.... been outside polishing it, putting the stereo etc in, have a Laguna Splitter to follow and to fit CD Changer somewhere! got to do a bit of saving for the Lowering springs.

So the above was the original post i made on many sites,
Then had a mini meet with ShaunMods,

then this happen

Post #2
Well guys half way though getting the sump off Lou text me to say about posts on JOV about the water pump. well to start with who the Fudge at vauxhall thought it would be a good idea to put bungs in to cover 2 bolts for the sump? half an hour of swearing at it we discovered the last 2 bolts!
Anyway, i think a few pictures will help here.

Not so long ago it was a white Nova sat like that!
The offending item.....

One big end bearing, when we looked both the bearing linings were on the same side which is why it was Knocking.

now has anyone ever found this on any of their original Vauxhall engines?

That will be the Shell, look at the part which will mate with the Conrod, Dad said he was shocked to see that it wasnt machined to a flat surface! i know when we rebuilt my Nova SE engine they were machined. just wondering if anyone had found the same and if they should be flat or not.
Engine arrive 9:30am Wednesday morning, that evening had a lift home from the Crazy Estate Man (aka Kadett C Nut aka Paul....) and set about sorting it to a state of in the car that night.

Crappy corsa tight a **** engine bay.....if Paul had his way i would no long have a Corsa and have an astra estate!

So this

Plus this bloke...

(proves he does do some work..... (que the Ebay at work gags etc.....))
Equals this

Thursday Morning.
Gearbox was being a ***** to get on!

Thursday night we attacked again, engine in, mounted and in the car without the aid of an engine hoist!

Drivesharfts, anti-roll bar and front wishbones on tonight i think!

about 2 days after that it was running again!

Post #3
havnt really updated the Corsa for some time now.

Since replacing the Engine i have added Crystal rear lights, lowered her what i thought was going to be 30mm but turned out to be 60mm! and a Laguna Splitted.

anyway abit of a Detail, fresh cover of Tech wax 2 and some Gold Class Trim detailer which has helpped to bring back the arch trims to almost Factory look!

Couple of Reflection shots.

and finally one from Billing,

is also now Debadged with the Ghosting machine polished out as well now!
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Jul 09 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice and clean as always Adam Just found some slightly more upto date photos I took of our two

We'll have to do a mini shoot when we're next at snetterton
NovalutionGSi

20th Jul 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8th August.... that is if your coming!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The runabout....Micro Project! 23 database queries in 0.0125132 seconds