corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help Please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help Please
PKX

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday i was driving and my car started shudering, then bangings, then smoking.... so obviously not good things.

i believe a push rod has cracked my oil somp right by the seal.

If this be the case, would it work out easier to just put a new lump etc or should i be replacing parts?
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Jul 09 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its 1.2 8v, right? i'd just get another car.... or if you have spent a lot of money on the car and can't take those bits off - new lump...
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Jul 09 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally wouldnt rebuild a 1,2 8v as they can be bought for peanuts. But they are very easy to work on so you could tackle it yourself.

However if it lost its oil and then was running it will have caused a fair bit of damage. If its still got oil in there drain it out and unbolt the sump and have a look

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
sand-eel

23rd Jul 09 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not a push rod engine so its defo not push rod related.
PKX

23rd Jul 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay then mate, cheers for that. how easy would it be to put a 1.2 16v or 1.4 16v, or is that quite a bit more work involved?
SR91

23rd Jul 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might aswell drop a 1.8 16v in
PKX

23rd Jul 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ideally i would love too, i just dont want to get buggered by insurance companies etc, with a 1.4 16v i could afford to insure that, also i cant afford to uprate everything on the car, but say i was to put a 1.4 16v sport engine in, would a great deal need to be done?
SR91

23rd Jul 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PKX
ideally i would love too, i just dont want to get buggered by insurance companies etc, with a 1.4 16v i could afford to insure that, also i cant afford to uprate everything on the car, but say i was to put a 1.4 16v sport engine in, would a great deal need to be done?

Be same as a 1.8 on insurance classed as non standard conversion
ryzer

23rd Jul 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might be a con rod the guy meant, either way the engine is fubar, do it yourself as a project, put a 1.4 16v engine in, although back in the day I had a 1.4 8v sri engie which wasnt bad! it was a C14SE, multipoint injection with about 88bhp, wack one of them in, although you will need a MPI fuel pump

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help Please 24 database queries in 0.0079889 seconds