corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Section 59

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Section 59
Root

User status: Offline
31st Jul 09 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i was doing my pizza job today, driving down a street and a car was doing 20mph. i was tailgaiting, he braked, i continued, he pulled over so i raced off, round a few bends, then I made my order, was on the way back and a cop car pulls right in front of me and turns on the blues & 2s. The car I raced off after it pulling over was undercove, lol. Anyway, got a section 59 against my name for my driving the coppers weren't too bad though, gotta produce documents in 7 days and sort out my brake light, tail-light, tyre and spare tyre in 14 days and get it looked @ by MOT station

oh well, suppose it could have been worst really. Do section 59's dissapear after 6 months or something? cheers

[Edited on 31-07-2009 by Root]
Danwilliams

31st Jul 09 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear.
This is why we get a bad name.

I thought a section 59 was a seizure of a vehicle.

Section 59.
Vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/Acts/acts2002/ukpga_20020030_en_7#pt4-ch2-pb5

[Edited on 31-07-2009 by Danwilliams]
chrisritch

31st Jul 09 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tlk to mobby abouth this lol
dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why tailgate? One thing i fucking hate is people who tailgate to try make me go faster. If anything i go slower.
t_benn_1

31st Jul 09 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also do you work as a pizza delivery man?

If so do you have business insurance?
Daveskater
Premium Member

31st Jul 09 at 07:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same Dean, I usually slow down then speed up, keeps them away

Section 59's are kept against you for a year. Get two and it's bye bye car.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Twiggy

31st Jul 09 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh tailgaters and undertakers are cunts!
x14xe sport

31st Jul 09 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Same Dean, I usually slow down then speed up, keeps them away

Section 59's are kept against you for a year. Get two and it's bye bye car.

yep and £117 + vat and storage fees to get it back, i learnt this after recreating the mini down the steps italian job stylee and a week later for going a bit sideways round a round about, tbf there it was better than getting done for dangerous driving
Root

31st Jul 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by t_benn_1
Also do you work as a pizza delivery man?

If so do you have business insurance?

yes I do and no I don't...does any delivery driver? the pizza bag was in the boot, lol.

yer, it was a warning about they'll take it next time, so >_< tbh I wasn't driving dangerous so don't gimme that "this is why we get a bad name" shit, he was driving ridiculously slow, obviously pulled over so he could read my plate and check the database but I steamed off cus I'd been held up for 5 minutes when I had an order. My bad, don't need people going "get right insurance, you're a naughty boy", but cheers anyway

John

31st Jul 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were asking that because somebody was caught doing deliveries the other day and is being done for no insurance.

Bag in the boot takes ages, passenger seat is the proper way to do deliveries.
Root

31st Jul 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They were asking that because somebody was caught doing deliveries the other day and is being done for no insurance.

Bag in the boot takes ages, passenger seat is the proper way to do deliveries.

ok fair enough, lol. I don't have it, normal insurance is expensive enough.
I usually have it in passenger seat for close deliveries but thank god that time it was in the boot, haha.

dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still no need to tailgate tbh. Its not as iff a normal person is going to pull over and let your through because your stuck to his rear bumper. If anything more people are going to slam the brakes on so you go into the back of them. That way they get (1) an insurance claim off you and (2) Compensation off you for "whiplash"

I had some guy tailgating me in a vectra a while ago. I was doing bang on 30 mph. He was right on my bumper so I came off the gas and dropped my speed. He dropped off a bit so i put my foot back on the gas, he decided to overtake and drive like a bellend, hit a bump in the road while going around a bend, spun out and went into the front off someones house.
Root

31st Jul 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dean101287
Still no need to tailgate tbh. Its not as iff a normal person is going to pull over and let your through because your stuck to his rear bumper. If anything more people are going to slam the brakes on so you go into the back of them. That way they get (1) an insurance claim off you and (2) Compensation off you for "whiplash"

I had some guy tailgating me in a vectra a while ago. I was doing bang on 30 mph. He was right on my bumper so I came off the gas and dropped my speed. He dropped off a bit so i put my foot back on the gas, he decided to overtake and drive like a bellend, hit a bump in the road while going around a bend, spun out and went into the front off someones house.

Yeah, I know. No need to act like angels of the road is there? I'm an inpatient driver and I don't usually tailgate. I wasn't tailgating that bad anyway. Just enough to say "you're going too slow". But if you insist you've never done something wrong on the road and I'm the reason insurance is expensive then ok lol

ouch about the story with the vectra.

dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where have I said im an angel? Im just telling you that by tailgating you risk upseting the type of people that will do anything for a bit of compo. Up to you though....
alan-g-w

31st Jul 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That has nothing to do with the thing he described - you were going the speed limit, the guy he was tailgating wasn't. That makes the difference with me anyway.

If some stupid arsehole is going 20mph in a 30 limit in front of me they're getting tailgated, but not to the extent that I'll crash if they slam the brakes. Speed limits are usually too low for the roads anyway so it's common decency to at least go what the signs say.
FruitBooTeR

31st Jul 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
sort out my brake light, tail-light, tyre and spare tyre in 14 days and get it looked @ by MOT station

Didn't think a spare was a legal requirement?
Root

31st Jul 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where have I said im an angel? Im just telling you that by tailgating you risk upseting the type of people that will do anything for a bit of compo. Up to you though....

ok, the way you put it across made it seem like...you're the james may of the road and I'm the stig. I'm just an extremely not patient driver, especially when stuck behind someone going so slow for no reason, no cars where people can run out from or anything. Never mind anyway, I'm drivnig better than I did before. Tbh I needed the section cus my driving was far too aggressive, it's still not up to legal scratch but I'm being a lot more careful and going slower. Might save some petrol? lol

Least I didn't get points or a fine,
Root

31st Jul 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
quote:
Originally posted by Root
sort out my brake light, tail-light, tyre and spare tyre in 14 days and get it looked @ by MOT station

Didn't think a spare was a legal requirement?

That's what I told the copper, he said I will get 3 points and a fine, I said wtf? you don't legally need a spare, he said yes you do with old cars, with new ones they have "tyre wield" in the boot. I wasn't prepared to argue as I didn't know who was right but as far as I knew a spare wasn't a legal requirement.
Root

31st Jul 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

That has nothing to do with the thing he described - you were going the speed limit, the guy he was tailgating wasn't. That makes the difference with me anyway.

If some stupid arsehole is going 20mph in a 30 limit in front of me they're getting tailgated, but not to the extent that I'll crash if they slam the brakes. Speed limits are usually too low for the roads anyway so it's common decency to at least go what the signs say.

Thanks, I agree. I have a really small fuse and I'm not a patient person so when someone goes that slow for no justified reason that I can see, it really pisses me off when I'm the only driver on and I have X amount of orders to take. lol
alan-g-w

31st Jul 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right. Take the spare out when you get it checked by the MOT garage and you won't get fined for it.

If there was ever a question of getting points for it just claim you never intended to put it on and you were scrapping it, or something like that.

[Edited on 31-07-2009 by alan-g-w]
Root

31st Jul 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You're right. Take the spare out when you get it checked by the MOT garage and you won't get fined for it.

If there was ever a question of getting points for it just claim you never intended to put it on and you were scrapping it, or something like that.

[Edited on 31-07-2009 by alan-g-w]

Yer, lol I said it was flat to him, lol. It's just out the way having it down there than in the boot. He said if he wanted to he could go over the car with a fine toothcombe and probably find other stuff wrong with it, there's me thinking "hmmm...nah, you got it all...except undeclared things...lowered springs...non-standard seats...semi-smooth booth, angel eyes" etc. lol >_<

The copper give me a producer, the MOT check thing and the section 59 paperwork I said to him "fucking hell, I'm going home with more paperwork than you two", lol.

Danwilliams

31st Jul 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a spare it has to be maintained as far as i know.

But im not to sure.

You said thank god the bag was in the boot but you also said the police checked the spare wheel??
Root

31st Jul 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danwilliams
If you have a spare it has to be maintained as far as i know.

But im not to sure.

You said thank god the bag was in the boot but you also said the police checked the spare wheel??

No they didn't check it, they said my front wheel was almost illegal, but still legal atm, I said I have a spare but it's flat. lol
dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Nothing to do with what he said? It was about tailgating and he was tailgating? The guy obviosly thought I was going too slow so there seems to be alot of simularities to me
Root

31st Jul 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never mind eh lads, we all drive stupid sometimes, I'm happy I just got a warning so to speak.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Section 59 23 database queries in 0.0177619 seconds