corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Fast Road GSI - Splitting

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fast Road GSI - Splitting
shauny bizzle

User status: Offline
7th Aug 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all i thought i best do a proper build page of the corsa, i purchased on my birthday on the 31st may 2009 for £350 of Tpot of here, seeing as i havent got a job this car is just what i need i guess, its a 1993 L Reg Corsa Gsi with the C16XE engine with supposidly some sort of headwork yet this has not been proven, when i got it back home i stripped it out and gave it a bloody good clean inside as the car has sat for 2 years, found a couple of quid lol that was lunch paid for i guess, had a good look over the car and its very solid underneath and has only 110000 on the clock which is 50k less at least,

I knew how exactly i wanted to do things on this corsa, being my 5th corsa lol the plans so far are:

Front Strut brace
Rear strut brace
Whiteline Rear ARB
Uprated Brakes
Rear Disc Conversion
Polly Bush Front End
Coilovers
Harnesses
Respray in the blue it is now and attach bodykit
De-cat
4 Branch
stainless exhaust system
alarm & delocked post 97 handles
Depo Lights
HIDs
MHW Rear Lights
Corsa B / Tigra Coin and whatever holder
Irmy door pins
sport black plastics and door cards
uprate sounds
Small Sub & Headunit
LED Bulbs for rear lamps
GM Flat Blades
Cams but supposidly has cams no proof but pulls bloody hard
Airbox & Panel Filter once ive tracked the c16xe one down lol
Stamped Out Plates or ¾ plate for the front
smooth fuel cap
uprate leads
wind delflectors
Possibly a post 97 rear bumper with recess made

I know so far it needs a l piece on the drivers side and all the jacking covers, skirt clips, N/S/R window rubber, a clutch and an exhuast system and some TLC on the body work, the badboy bonnet is cracked slightly and so is the boot and dents in the drivers door, came with the dreaded lex-arse lights and angel eyes i knew they had to go straight away, the exhaust center box was absolutely rotten and blows like a bitch, theres trim bits i need but thats not a problem, the steering pump whines, and few bits here and there(radio to be rewired), so off to the breakers got a few bits:

Tigra Scuttle Panel
Mk4 Astra Repeaters and smoked
Few Bolts and screws
Standard Rear lights
Passenger dash trim thing
Velor Mats
Rear Mudflaps
New Aerial unit

Got my cousin over and he wet - vaxed the whole interior come out like new, im gonna get MHWs in time just didnt like starring at lexarse lights TBH, Fitted my old sill plates from my last Gsi, fitted my breakers bits, went to remove the wheels to find locking wheelnuts had to hack my N/S/R drum apart but after that removed the others easy lol, removed the calipers to paint up blue but noticed on removal the ABS sensor on the O/S/F was half missing the support for the sensor was also miissing, ive got some wheels of Pazz1991 coming, some white Gsi rims fresh rubber and paint, upon bleeding the brakes the master cylinder seemed too whine and the pedal didnt seem right im taking it as where its sat for 2 years, good side though all the front discs are new as well as new rear shoes and front pads, seeing this has NO service history what so ever so ive decided:

New Cambelt & Waterpump
Oil, All Filters, Plugs
Coolant Change
Brake Fluid Change – already done

After a few days has passed and got some money through from selling my lights and bits and pieces i bought my front strut brace off ebay for £29 delivered

Debating on rear bumper weather to use a post 97 bumper and a fiesta recess as the one i have now has covered the rear tow eye, took the front bumer off thats gonna be up for sale as i dont like the cold air feed that doesnt work. Also removed the rear wiper motor and covered the hole with eleccy tape lol.

Fitted some blue LED bulbs in the speedo and MFD, had a play with putting a boot popper in, also got a Mk2 Golf rear strut brace started making that fit, finally got it in and called it a day, the following day i decided it was gonna go to a Fast Road car with the rear seats stripped out, so started to strip it out, also got a MK5 fiesta boot switch and finally got the popper working, seeing as i was stripping the rear out and not having a rear wiper i decided to get a bit of hardboard and have it covered in black leatherette and painted the clips up black.

Stripping pictures

Boot Switch

After a few weeks got some corsasport.co.uk stickers off a fella off here, and decided to paint the sparewheel well black, also got another mk5 fiesta boot switch with blue LED and fitted new heater control bulbs, also took another trip to the scrappers to get a steering coloumn as i found that the bearings were shot, also got my eye on some bucket seats from Selfridge off here, also after a long think i decided to get an Astra GTE Digital Dash, started to mould the fibreglass for it and wired it all up had a trial fit of it all working.

ive fibreglassed all the digidash to my corsa bit like this

Got bored of having cream platics so took them out and decided to paint them all black, once i started getting them fitted i thought its time to see about the headliner being re-trimmed so i had my bro-in-law help me re-trim it and removed the sunroof and painted the trim up, refitted it in and put all the plastics in, some need a touch up but thats no trouble, after some time thinking i decided to put a fake floor in and put a sub in the wheel well and install the amp under the seat also got some 20mm thick power cable and a massive 50amp fuse all i need now is the RCA leads, amp cost me £1 off ebay so cant be bad works a treat. Just need to cover the fake floor.

A week or so later after my buckets had turnt up had them fitted, me and dad made some frames up, repaired the drivers hook thing for the seat and got them in all i need now is harnesses, also got some bonnet lifters and had them fitted. The following day me and dad got some welding done on the boot and repiar the boot, not a bodywork man myself but have had a good go and come over very well and smoothed my fuel cap, also got an exhaust system off a guy on here for free, which has a center exit twin oval magnex back boxes, ive been told id need to cut out my spare wheel well to fit so think i’ll swap this with someone maybe and its suitable for an XE as the car it came off was a redtop corsa. Also got a lightened flywheel and new clutch and an airbox coming from GregGsi off here and got a couple of ebay bits coming like a K&N panel filter and some 35mm lamps for a nice touch.

This is how it ended up today (07/08/2009) what do all you guys think?

[Edited on 07-08-2009 by shauny bizzle]

[Edited on 09-08-2009 by shauny bizzle]

[Edited on 26-09-2009 by shauny bizzle]

[Edited on 04-01-2010 by shauny bizzle]

[Edited on 09-01-2010 by shauny bizzle]

[Edited on 11-01-2010 by shauny bizzle]

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by shauny bizzle]

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by shauny bizzle]
shauny bizzle

26th Sep 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small update removed the gearbox and clutch came out in 10 pieces lol decided to get a lightened flywheel off greggsi off here my dads mate does powder coating so i hadthe Front ARB coated white and the rest of bits were done black, whilst everything was apart i decided to go down the polybush route which only cost £40 for the front kit, whilst i wait for the flywheel ive removed the hubs to paint them in black hammerite and the steering arms.... decided im going to waxoil the underneath and inner arches as the front arches are fooked so getting some new ones and theres not a spot of rust underneath the car or any signs of welding

decided to change the colour scheme im going artic white and black roof, mirrors and alloys and a semi smooth boot
shauny bizzle

4th Jan 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after ages sitting on my drive doing nothing and after getting a payout off the polo, i took the engine out and decided to strip down and see what the internals are like, so far ive stripped the ancillieries off and manifolds and drained the oil, got a load of bits off ebay including all the servicing stuff and gaskets etc, also got a lower ecotec manifold and MHW rear lamps off mr Warren G, bought a vxperformance inlet too gotta get a few more bits of the engine, but decided to do the block caribic blue and rocker cover and sump black/ graphite, the engine bay will be satin black and the car to be caribic blue, hopefully gunna get the car in the garage once i can get another car out, sorry for lack of pictures, but will post pics up of engine progress soon

MHWs & Inlet

Powerbox

engine on stand ready to be stripped

shauny bizzle

9th Jan 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

09/01/2010 update

sourced a exhaust sytem down due to get that in the near future its a janspeed decat system, also got money aside for a 4 branch but watch this space plans have changed so its a surprise to do with the engine

corsaglasper

26th Jan 10 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been looking at those vx performance manifolds, cheaper than a mantzel. When you get it going itd be interesting to know whether they work!
shauny bizzle

26th Jan 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill let ya know it'll be a couple of months yet though matey
shauny bizzle

31st Jan 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another update, bought a few more bits for the corsa such as Depo smoked headlights, rear disc conversion, front door cards, and some magnecor leads so going good
sri boy

31st Jan 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep up the good work m8t
shauny bizzle

4th Feb 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally an update, after waiting patiently i was informed by wooly101uk there was a set of vectra 4 stud rims in his local breakers after finally arranging it over the phone with the breakers i purchased a set arranging courier tomorrow, also sold the white gsi rims, went outside today thought id take a few pics seeing as i havent in such a long time, just waiting on my Crank Sensor to turn up as this happened whilst stripping the engine down

got this from the scrappies yesterday to run my digi dash oil gauge

all the bits that await fitting lol got so much to i.e underseal it etc etc strip the bay down to paint it, rebuild the engine, the original plan was not to rebuild just a service as there was no history, with it just got to buy rings, shells and ARPs, so far this is what i have lol

my depos, leads and door cards turnt up today massive thanks to the people who sold them to me

my rear disc conversion hubs turnt up massive thanks to ecclesturbo who supplied them went out to start painting the calipers and both bleed nipples sheered on me but as you can see progress pics im going to try using an easy out to get them out

so finally after packing up for the day this how shes left

my mates got my bucket seats atm thats his one lol

[Edited on 06-02-2010 by shauny bizzle]
shauny bizzle

4th Feb 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri boy
keep up the good work m8t

cheers fella
Ste L

4th Feb 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice collection of bit's your getting there..

should make a nice corsa when complete
shauny bizzle

4th Feb 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah got my work cut out for me lol just waiting to get the firebird out the garage before i can do any work lol
Ste L

4th Feb 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh cool, just dont give up on it, like i did with mine
shauny bizzle

4th Feb 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol nah i dont intend to keep finding more work tho lol im pulling the rear axle of to paint so poly bush that now, dropping the tank to paint and underseal the floor lol
dalejones

5th Feb 10 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work! lookin nice mate!
shauny bizzle

5th Feb 10 at 05:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers althought all this maybe for sale lol
mar_cus

5th Feb 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you paint your plastics black yourself? What did you use? Or was it just black in the first place??
shauny bizzle

5th Feb 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i panted them with regualr gloss black paint, only the a.b.c pillars were painted
mar_cus

6th Feb 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, cheers mate
SR91

7th Feb 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice exhaust that ;-)
shauny bizzle

9th Feb 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now splitting guys
flybikeslee

9th Feb 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good man
shauny bizzle

9th Feb 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
good man

lol yep vrs coming close noooow
SXi_Tim

9th Feb 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You selling the Corbeaus?
shauny bizzle

14th Feb 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sold

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Fast Road GSI - Splitting 23 database queries in 0.0193119 seconds