corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Faulty traffic lights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Faulty traffic lights
stubs

User status: Offline
10th Aug 09 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're sat at a set of temporary traffic lights and they appear to be faulty i.e. stuck on red... how long would you normally leave it before you go through them?

I got stuck at a set the other night and there was no traffic around, and sat at them for ages. A few cars came up behind and were also waiting a while, before one of them decided he'd had enough and went for it. It got me thinking how long would you have to wait, and what if they didn't change? Stuck there forever?

They did eventually change, but it just got me thinking
Whittie

10th Aug 09 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rarely wait at them if I can see the other side is clear tbh
mwg

10th Aug 09 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If theres temporary traffic lights on red late at night I just go through them if I can see theres no cars coming the other way
alan-g-w

10th Aug 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, as long as you can see the other side and there's no 5-O just go through them.

I remember when me and my mates were wee guys we used to open up the trailer/ generator thing and put both to red. So I'd hate to be stuck at a set where some arseholes like me had done that which is why I don't hang around long.
ChrisBoom

10th Aug 09 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The battery run temp lights turn to red if the battery level gets too low, and eventually turn off altogether. However, when the are working, they could be set to a long delay depending on location, ie if it was on a steep hill, the delay would be longer at the bottom set of lights for HGV's coming uphill.

And flashing your lights at they doesnt always work, they can be set to Vechile Actuation, which means they change when the sensor on top picks up a car, or can be set to a set timed mode.
sand-eel

10th Aug 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flashing lights never do anything as they aren't light sensitive its motion.
Daveskater
Premium Member

10th Aug 09 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was waiting at a set of lights this morning with 1 person in front of me, he eventually got fed up and started going over the line even though there was traffic coming the other way and he couldn't go anywhere. It makes me laugh because it won't make it change any quicker

There's also another set of lights somewhere else with a similar setup that didn't pick me up when I was on my old bike, so I had to wait until it was clear then go for it

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Colin

10th Aug 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got offered 3pts & £60 fine a few years back when I went through a temp red which I considered to be faulty. Got off with it though.

Dont think id go through them anymore incase its another trap, id do a 3pt turn and find another way (this was what the cops suggested I do at the time) even though it was on a sharp right hand turn and very dangerous to do so.
stubs

10th Aug 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I got offered 3pts & £60 fine a few years back when I went through a temp red which I considered to be faulty. Got off with it though.

Dont think id go through them anymore incase its another trap, id do a 3pt turn and find another way (this was what the cops suggested I do at the time) even though it was on a sharp right hand turn and very dangerous to do so.

That's what I was considering, but it would have meant going 10+ mins out of my way I sat them out in the end, but it's frustrating to think that you can't really trust them. I just wondered how you stood with the law, but I suppose its very black and white and like you say, they'll argue you should turn around
Colin

10th Aug 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh the law was very firm on its position and tried to slap a TS10 or whatever it is on my licence. I had a pretty heated discussion with them about how long I should wait etc if its thought to be broken.

I had sat there fir going on 5mins, old man next to me said toss this just go through, I wasnt going through the actual road works where the road was dug up but taking an imediate left hand turn, so I eased up slowly until I could see my exit and went for it. 10 seconds later I had an undercover car buzzing my rear bumper. They told me I was getting booked for going through a red light and that was that. I said to them surely you saw how long I sat there for and how I approached the turn & wtf am I expected to do if it is thought to be broken and they replied take a different route home, dispite me pointing out that making a turn on the road on a blind corner would be very dangerous they said that is the proceedure.

I just ignored the letters telling me to pay and it got dropped/timed out.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Faulty traffic lights 23 database queries in 0.0147750 seconds