corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20xe head bolt torque Settings and by wat degrees?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20xe head bolt torque Settings and by wat degrees?
Chadicles

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey I've just removed a coscast head off a donar engine to fit on my c20xe, just waiting for the head to be pressure tested and skimmed, but I have no idea of torque figures for the head bolts and by what degrees they have to be turned by. Any one that had this info it would be much appreciated.

Also I've heard about removing he wedge out of he inlet butterfly, what does this intail and what are the gains? Cheers chad
gsiwannabe

22nd Aug 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its 45 nm and 2 lots of 90 dergree turns on all head bolts
Chadicles

22nd Aug 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate ur a lifesaver!
Mattb

22nd Aug 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually vauxhall decided to change the torque setting later on in the life of the XE - mainly because of the porus issue.

The change was

25nm
60 degrees
60 degrees
60 degrees

Limecat
Banned

22nd Aug 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
actually vauxhall decided to change the torque setting later on in the life of the XE - mainly because of the porus issue.

The change was

25nm
60 degrees
60 degrees
60 degrees

I have never had an issue with 3 lots of 90 degree angle tighteneing but you are indeed correct.

However, SBD recommend it as;
25nm and then 3 lots of 65 degrees. Only 15 degrees difference and TBH most people just make an educated guess as they dont have an angle gauge.
Chadicles

24th Aug 09 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha how confusing! Umm ok then cheers for the info! Have to change the head as my gm head has gone porous chucking all my oil into the header tank! I do have a angle gage everything gets done properly when it comes to me! Cheers again chad

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20xe head bolt torque Settings and by wat degrees? 22 database queries in 0.0119622 seconds