corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » any personal trainers/gym instructors?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any personal trainers/gym instructors?
corsasriboy

User status: Offline
31st Aug 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm hopefully starting my first course on october 26th to become a personal trainer, but was wondering if anyone found it better getting a job and getting them to send you on training courses, or if it was better to try and get alot of the courses out the way and then applying for jobs? i've spoken to a few places and they said i need to have at least an nvq level 2 in gym instruction before i could work there so thats what im doing to start with,but dont know what route to take after that.
also wondering which courses people went on?im looking at doing mine at college and gaining an nvq level 2 in gym instructions, then onto a level 3 in advanced fitness instruction, then doing the personal trainer nvq level 3 qualification. any advice and personal experience much appreciated! sorry for the essay!
DizzyRebel

31st Aug 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends where you want to work, Most places require a REPS qualification too and its about £2000 for the basic course.
corsasriboy

31st Aug 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought you could be reps accredited by having a qualification recognised by them?didnt realise they ran courses?
CORSA NUT

31st Aug 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noooooooo Dizzy..You get into REPS when you finish the course.

I'm a qualified Gym instructor..cost me £900 with David Lloyd/Premier Global.Money is shit though and they expect you to teach classes for the same money.

Don't bother unless your WELL into fitness and training..and i mean WELL into it.

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by CORSA NUT]
corsasriboy

31st Aug 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say im pretty into it yeah,obviously its just a hobby at the minute so will have to see how it goes once it becomes a career! really excited about starting, ive always read about muscle groups and training techniques etc but i'm really hitting the books now trying to make sure im up to scratch.didnt realise the money was THAT bad is it?tbh im not too fussed about the money though, id much rather have a job i enjoy with not so good money than one i hate but with good money.

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by corsasriboy]
DizzyRebel

31st Aug 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck classes etc, dont work at a gym be a self employed personal trainer at a gym. My mates a personal trainer at our gym (fitspace) charges clients £25 an hour and easily has 4-6 of them per day.
CORSA NUT

31st Aug 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the way to go is the Personal Trainer but not work at the gym like Dizzy has said..

Thing is it's a competetive business so many people end up giving it up due to lack money.Mate of mine is raking it in at the moment though

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by CORSA NUT]
jim_r1

31st Aug 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try and do the GP refferal courses for gym instruction, your council will pay you a mint to take fat and old people into a gym for an hour and its easy work.
corsasriboy

1st Sep 09 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i'm off to the college tomorow to sign the forms and leave a deposit for my nvq level 2 in gym instruction. i start on october 26th! cant wait! thanks for the advice. i think i'll aim to work for a gym to start with and see how it goes, if i manage to build up a big enough client base i'll look into going freelance.
corsasriboy

1st Sep 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
fuck classes etc, dont work at a gym be a self employed personal trainer at a gym. My mates a personal trainer at our gym (fitspace) charges clients £25 an hour and easily has 4-6 of them per day.

one of my mums friends has a personal trainer, aparantly one of the cheaper ones in the area, charges £40 an hour!! would be nice one day

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » any personal trainers/gym instructors? 22 database queries in 0.0815351 seconds