corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bad wireing (please help)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bad wireing (please help)
Tandy

User status: Offline
1st Sep 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically my horn is not working...the steering wheel is off an astra (done before i bought the car and horn has never been working). So ive just removed the airbag, and it is connected (bodged). There are 2 brown wires and 2 yellow ones... which are connected (insulation taped) to 2 red wires. I followed the red wire to find it has been jammed into what looks like the hazard fuse plug, the the fuse holding it in.

can anyone help me how to rewire the horn...as i guess im going to have to start it from scratch and I dont have a clue.

thanks
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Sep 09 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not too hard to do. Find the fuse that the horn used to be connected to, test to see if there is 12v there. The look at the colour of the wire AFTER the fuse. Now go to the steering column and see if you can see it there. If so, check there is 12v there too. If you can't find it, or there isn't 12v there, just run another wire from the rear of the fuse. Make sure there aren't other things running from that fuse, if there are, splice into the wire and solder/insulate it. If it is only for the fuse then cut it and splice/insulate your new wire in place.

Run that wire to the steering wheel.

There will be a track on the steering wheel with either one or two lanes. these are to ensure the horn wires don't tangle. re-wire it so your new power wire goes in and to the horn switch. the other should go to earth.

Do that with the battery off so you don't set the airbag off.

If it seems too much, and out of your skill range, get someone who knows what they're doing to do it for you.

Bodged wiring looms cause fires.

hth

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll