corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » help with a TV?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with a TV?
LeeM

User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was wondering if anyone could help me out getting a new tv? looking at the Samsung PS42B430P from currys;
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1767271680.1253267332@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccffadeigfdkekecflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&fm=11&sm=0&tm=1&sku=890591&category_oid=-34810

basically what im after is a 40"+ for less than £500, this is a strict budget! its to go in the lounge to be used mainly for tv but ill move the ps3 in now and again to watch blu rays or play quick games if the soaps are ever turned off! i did want 1080p and i dont think the one ive linked is, is it?

any other recommendations?
C2RL R

18th Sep 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.home-entertainment-news.co.uk/tags/samsung-ps42b430p--review

looks good. i'd go for it.
LeeM

18th Sep 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the main reason im looking is because my ps3 is banished to the bedroom and i want that new tony hawk's ride with the skateboard thing, no room in the bedroom to play it so i see that as a good enough excuse to get a new telly
Richie

18th Sep 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/162433
Richie

18th Sep 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had that in an offer email this morning
LeeM

18th Sep 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Had that in an offer email this morning

thats got lower contrast ration and 1 less hdmi port and is more expensive than the one i posted is there anything about it?
Richie

18th Sep 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gawd I'm not in the mood for a battle on this today
LeeM

18th Sep 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Gawd I'm not in the mood for a battle on this today

dont get you?
Richie

18th Sep 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look at the TV i gave you, it says there are 3xHDMI ports. 2 on the back 1 on the side (doesnt stick out the side of the tv though)

Also the contrast ratio on my link is the true contrast ratio, wheras the Currys site is giving you the 2,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.

If you look at the specs for the one I posted on other sites, it's also advertised with the high dynamic figure.

Dixons link for the ebuyer tv:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?page=Product&sku=470428&camp_id=ppc_tvcamp__Samsung-PS42B451_E&gclid=COP7qZWi-5wCFYIA4wodUXqfZw&source_id=aw

The TV on the Currys site is a discontinued model and is no longer on the Samsung site.

One I posted is here:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=television&type=television&subtype=plasma&model_cd=PS42B451B2WXXC
LeeM

18th Sep 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, thanks. im not too clued up on everything tv related which is why i need a bit of a hand!
mattio

21st Sep 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the samsung you posted sadly is not a full 1080p tv. the smasungs go up in series, the 5 series is when u get true 1080p TV. Personally i doubt you will not notice much of a difference. Samsungs are nice sets, reasonable quailty, good for gaming mode. So go for it..
LeeM

21st Sep 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i like samsungs, got a series 5 in the bedroom, do you think going from 1080p the 720p/1080i would be noticeable in that case?
mattio

21st Sep 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair a 720p looks better then a 1080i at times on certain sets in work. Connect via a hdmi and it will fine. The only critism i find with samsung is the sound quailty. Pop into a locals currys store and get one of the colleagues to show you the 4 and 5 series. 6 series and so on has the benefit of internet media streaming, higher contrasts etc. Another tip is to pop into currys on a wednesday, thats when the clearance stock gets updated with prices (big price drops) etc. I wouldnt be surpised if you could pick up a bargain tv set then. Just ask a colleague for any clearance specials.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » help with a TV? 24 database queries in 0.0160701 seconds