corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Feeling like you have an effect on bigger world related things...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Feeling like you have an effect on bigger world related things...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
25th Sep 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone ever get the feeling that they effect things well out of their physical control?... (obviously just a massive co-incidence though)

What I mean is... like when someone claims the bad weather follows them around and says 'where ever I go it rains, I bet when I leave here it'll be sunny'. Sure enough, they leave it's sunny and where they go it rains.

Or someone is like 'knowing my luck this train will break down' and that persons train breaks down... etc.

(Bad examples I know).

But I sometimes feel betting / trading on stock market I have this effect

- So for example if I place a bet on someone in F1, sure enough 1st lap they'll be the only retirement Bet on a different person to win next race and surprise surprise they've just had a wheel fall off.

Just now I had a trade on the stock market, went in quite strong expecting the market to fall sharply and fast... It sat there for ages doing not much and started rising ... I was down about £35 and just thought 'pah, better get out now rather than later' ... At the moment I pressed the button to cancel the trade, the market dropped at a amazingly rate which would've made me over £200 within about 20 seconds

It felt like my button press started that off. It also makes me feel like 'I bet if I hadn't of cancelled it, that wouldn't of happened and it would've kept going up and up and lost me £200'.

Anyone else find, sometimes they feel they effect things on a large scale sometimes or just their luck means they'll always be wrong
AndyKent

25th Sep 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you know Paul, if you put enough people in a room and get them to predict lottery numbers it will come true
Paul_J

25th Sep 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Did you know Paul, if you put enough people in a room and get them to predict lottery numbers it will come true

That's almost what I'm getting at... Things that are uncontrollable.
Cosmo

25th Sep 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just that you noticed it as you had something riding on it.

If you didnt watch or bet on F1 that car would still of retired. if you didnt put money on the markets then the prices would still of risen then dropped.

BTW, you should always expect a slight rise before a srop, as people will be throwing the money in to get that gain like you were and will cause a slight rise before the fall comes about.
Sam
Premium Member

25th Sep 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Does anyone ever get the feeling that they effect things well out of their physical control?... (obviously just a massive co-incidence though)

What I mean is... like when someone claims the bad weather follows them around and says 'where ever I go it rains, I bet when I leave here it'll be sunny'. Sure enough, they leave it's sunny and where they go it rains.

Or someone is like 'knowing my luck this train will break down' and that persons train breaks down... etc.

(Bad examples I know).

But I sometimes feel betting / trading on stock market I have this effect

- So for example if I place a bet on someone in F1, sure enough 1st lap they'll be the only retirement Bet on a different person to win next race and surprise surprise they've just had a wheel fall off.

Just now I had a trade on the stock market, went in quite strong expecting the market to fall sharply and fast... It sat there for ages doing not much and started rising ... I was down about £35 and just thought 'pah, better get out now rather than later' ... At the moment I pressed the button to cancel the trade, the market dropped at a amazingly rate which would've made me over £200 within about 20 seconds

It felt like my button press started that off. It also makes me feel like 'I bet if I hadn't of cancelled it, that wouldn't of happened and it would've kept going up and up and lost me £200'.

Anyone else find, sometimes they feel they effect things on a large scale sometimes or just their luck means they'll always be wrong

Yes, the other day I was at the newsagents saying "I bet I win the lottery with this £1 ticket".

BRB, need to find out when my Ferrari is going to be delivered.

[Edited on 25-09-2009 by Sam]
Ojc

25th Sep 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no fate but what we make.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Feeling like you have an effect on bigger world related things... 22 database queries in 0.1754222 seconds