corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ill Dog - UPDATE with queezy picture

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ill Dog - UPDATE with queezy picture
dannymccann

User status: Offline
   5th Oct 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's just walking around the room Im in, he sounds like hes snoring but he's awake. Threw up his breakfast (6 times ) in the garden this morning and hes lost his voice.

At least hes stopped farting though

Nah seriously, dogs get funny tummies and sore throats...don't they? Took the insurance out today so would rather not have a silly vet bill seeing as how I cant claim it back for another 14 days (thats not the point btw, but I would rather not!).

He's still eating and drinking properly and when you go for a walk with him he is as attentive as ever, still hates the post lady too, so hes acting normal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday Update

Well we left him in the kitchen last night and he didnt mess or sick up in there (as far as we can see!) and he seems to be getting his voice back a bit which is good. Last night while we were eating tea he did this twice in the hallway

QUEEZY PIC WARNING

We thought he was just ill or something but we found out from these sick patches he had actually been nibbling the missus Dragontree Plant (think thats the name?) :

Now hes just moping about, hes asleep on the sofa again, he went out for his morning walk with me and was normal, sniffing in bushes and running along with me. He still runs around the house when you get excited with him but he wont touch his food, he wont even touch his treat biscuits which he cant get enough of usually I can hear his belly rumbling like ours do when we are hungry as well, but he just isnt bothered.......and I havent seen him drink this morning either. Is that plant poisonous? Trip to the vet time?

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by dannymccann]
sc0ott

5th Oct 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds just like a normal dog flu. tell it to man the fuck up and stop eating the grass.
Ben G

what are you feeding him? sometimes they don't agree with a certain type of food.

my dog used to bite and itch his fur alot causing sores and bald patches and we found out it was because of his food so had to change it.
MJFF88

Sounds fairly normal to me buddy
dannymccann

5th Oct 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same food he was on at the rescue centre, bought a couple of big bags of the stuff cos they said he loved it!

Spoke to them this morning about it and they said hes probably just got over excited over the last few days and its catching him up. Said its a fairly normal thing, hes only been here for 3 days now
Sam
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just be anxious because of new surroundings/people etc.

Both our greyhounds were not happy dogs for the first week or so, but they were OK afterwards. The first one was panting pretty much every day for at least 2/3 days, the second one when we got her puked in the back of the car and just followed the first one around everywhere!
dannymccann

5th Oct 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its weird, hes been acting perfect over the weekend while we had the inlaws and her sister here (house full of 4 adults and a 10 y/o girl), happy as larry, and now everyone has gone, including missus to work and im on my own with him hes turned
Sam
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably used to having lots of people around all the time at the kennels. Given time I'm sure he'll settle down mate, our two have.
John

5th Oct 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a rescue dog isn't it, you don't know what's happened to them previously or how they'll act.
dannymccann

5th Oct 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea he is a rescue dog, hes been used to a family of 4 with a couple of young boys (8 and 10) and left alone during the day, so maybe hes just missing people / loud or noisy company. Hes laying in the sun from the french doors right now sleeping
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will take a while for the dog to adjust to you and it's new surroundings, play with it alot and give it loads of attention, take it for a good few walks a day. You might have to try him on a few different food types before you get one that suits him.
lostboy
Banned

5th Oct 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Threw up his breakfast (6 times )

I don't know why, but I found that fucking hilarious.
dannymccann

5th Oct 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I keep taking him out for walks, Ive got to stay in as much as I can today because his cage is being delivered between 7am - 8pm (nice and specific there ).

Hes just running round the garden at the moment, Ive let him out again cos he was coughing, sounds like he has something stuck in his throat so Im going to let him nibble the grass so he can try and clear it
John

5th Oct 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cage
dannymccann

5th Oct 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For travelling John, he needs it cos he doesnt travel well and whenever we go home we will be taking him with us

edit - and he makes a mess of the car cos he just wont sit still and its not safe to have him on the seats cos he jumps all over you while driving

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by dannymccann]
liamC

Is he feeling a bit ruff?
John

Ahh travelling is fine, thought you were just shutting him in it.
dannymccann

5th Oct 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh no course not! That would be evil and no point 'rescuing' him from a kennels!
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updated first post
richardworrall
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 06:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure the 10 y/o girls not fed him something she shouldnt have done!!??
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes our dogs eat grass from the garden, you normally see it come out from the other end though!

Advice: don't let your dog eat the plant...
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich - shes autistic so we have to keep her in sight all the time, and nah she wouldnt of done.

Sam - the plant is now out of his reach We only realised he had eaten it after he threw the leaves up yesterday, checked the plant and its missing some

I am worried about him not being bothered about food even though hes hungry.....

Remembering back I gave him 2 titbits of cool roast beef on Sunday, thought he would like it He did, but that wouldnt of hurt him would it....

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by dannymccann]
chloe16v

6th Oct 09 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look on this website http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/information/atozofdogs/p/poisonoussubstances/poisonousplants/

Dragon tree Dracaena species Vomiting and diarrhoea.
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that Chloe.

The vomiting bit has been happening but no diarrhoea yet, although he hasnt eaten for about 18 hours now hes got no food in him.....
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got any dog treats you could give him, like chews or dog chocolate for example?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ill Dog - UPDATE with queezy picture 22 database queries in 0.0159271 seconds