corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Need some help from you snowboarders out there.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need some help from you snowboarders out there.
smcGSI16V

User status: Offline
10th Oct 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going snowboarding next year for the very first time.

I'm going to go up to mk on the dry slope and get some lessons and some learning basics in.

My question is what sort of clothing/footwear is advisable and where are the best places to purchase said items.

As said I'm completely new to this so any help is much welcomed.
Brett
Premium Member

10th Oct 09 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dry slopes are crap and nothing like the real thing IMO, plus it can hurt a lot more and rip your clothes to shit. I'd go to a proper snow dome if you can.
Nath

10th Oct 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MK slope is real snow
Jake

10th Oct 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a dry slope so wear some thick waterproof gear and gloves. Go to tkmaxx for coats and half decent trousers
smcGSI16V

10th Oct 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will I just need a pair of waterproof boots ( like walking ones), trousers and a very warm waterproof jacket and some gloves. I have longjohns and hats. For when I go out there.

Will I need the stuff for when I go to get lessons etc at mk.
Nath

10th Oct 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can hire the clothing whilst you're there if you wanted. Then ask an instructor what he thinks you'll need.
Jake

10th Oct 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont need boots, you get given a set of proper snowboard boots to wear. you can hire out a waterproof jacket and trousers at mk but i seriously recommend that you dont. just a pair of waterproof trousers, coat and waterproof gloves

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Need some help from you snowboarders out there. 22 database queries in 0.1076350 seconds