corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My New Chickens

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My New Chickens
mattk

User status: Offline
11th Oct 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This morning I took a trip to Rossendale to collect some ex battery hens, battery hens have a 72 weeks life which they spend in a cage with a floor area the size of an A4 peice of paper, I knew they wernt going to be a pretty sight but I was still quite shocked when I seen them, what feathers they have are useless, their wings look like they are bare bones and they weigh absolutly nothing, they are full of mites and you can see from their faces they are very frail, their faces and combs are pure white because they have never seen natural sunlight before, I was only supposed to have 3 but there were 2 more that were set aside for someone who never turned up so I took them too.

In a few weeks they should be fully feathered and looking nice and healthy like the rest of my flock, Mortality rates are quite high for rescue chickens because the re homing proceedure cant be very stressfull for them and they are already frail enough, I think Il manage it though

And here is a pic of one of my healthy chickens, it hardly has a comb cause it was only young when the pic was took

cunningham

11th Oct 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they still look tastey!
Hammer

11th Oct 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well jealous of that plot you've got, would love something like that!
Bonney

11th Oct 09 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look half dead as it is!
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Oct 09 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait till they're at the end of their laying life and they're completely bald, they look awfull.
_Allan_

11th Oct 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finger lickin good Matt
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Oct 09 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw willays clan when I went to the farm today

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
mattk

11th Oct 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chickens are fantastic, you can sit and watch them all day they are hillarious, mine keep trying to fight with next door through the fence
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Oct 09 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always fancied those white ducks you can get. Apparently they make good pets.

Dont think the parents would approve though

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ollie_B

11th Oct 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep in work we've put about 10 chickens in a pen, and two massive cock's lol, but they had to be moved because they where literally eating the chickens and there's also two indian runner ducks in there, they are funny things to watch.

[Edited on 11-10-2009 by Ollie_B]
baza31

12th Oct 09 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had ducks and geese, they are funny we had a goose called george and he was like a dog, he knew not to go further than the kitchen and he would chase off postman etc but never us lot.

chickens are good to watch though and free eggs
Whittie

12th Oct 09 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol I saw this on facebook Matt...

Your status night before last was something like... Looking forward to picking my chickens up tomorrow.

And yesterday... "My new chickens look horrific"
Tomnova16
Premium Member

12th Oct 09 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want chickens, might have to rescue some, they cost hardley anything to maintain dont they?

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
mattk

12th Oct 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they dont really need anything, just a little shed to sleep in, a 20kg bag of food pellets costs £5 and lasts them about a month

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My New Chickens 23 database queries in 0.0155959 seconds