corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Boy A

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boy A
LukeS

User status: Offline
18th Oct 09 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half way through this now. Well worth a watch.

Taken from C4: Based on the award-winning novel by Jonathan Trigell, Boy A is a powerful coming-of-age drama that raises difficult questions about modern day morality.

Andrew Garfield stars as Jack, a young man who has spent most of his life in institutions paying for a terrible crime he committed as a minor. At 24 years of age, he is released into an unrecognisable adult world with a new name, a new job - a new life. Only his case worker, played by Peter Mullan, knows his true identity.

Anonymity is both a blessing and a curse as Jack, desperate to rebuild his life and seize this second chance, has to contend with being unable to tell the people he gets to know, and love, about his real past and the monstrous secret he keeps hidden.

Boy A reunites award-winning director John Crowley with writer Mark O'Rowe, who debuted to great acclaim with the 2003 film Intermission, starring Colin Farrell and Cillian Murphy.

4OD Link

[Edited on 18-10-2009 by LukeS]
LukeS

18th Oct 09 at 03:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ending is very sad
MatthewR

18th Oct 09 at 05:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on nights atm so will watch that tomorrow n get back to you onit, cheers Luke

I watched 'the force'on OD earlier, deffo worth a watch if you got time
LukeS

18th Oct 09 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i'm saving that for tonight. Looks really good.
mart08uk

18th Oct 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched it, good film that! Shows how people can be too quick to judge people without knowing the circumstances.. Another good film is blindness, watched it last nite...brilliant film too not sure if its on 4OD though
Shell
Premium Member

18th Oct 09 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mart08uk
Just watched it, good film that! Shows how people can be too quick to judge people without knowing the circumstances.. Another good
film is blindness, watched it last nite...brilliant film too not sure if its on 4OD though

Sounds a good film that, but can you tell me what you mean by judging too quickly? Judging the lad with the new identity etc?
mart08uk

18th Oct 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah what he did was wrong but he was pushed into it, nieve and young.. It wasnt necessarily just being a hateful person that he did what he did, if he did it.. its the backgrounds they grew up in... but on the other hand you can understand why people judge him.. its hard explaining without givving too much away .. watch and then disguss

BTW.. what they did was terrible (HIM/THEY?)

[Edited on 18-10-2009 by mart08uk]
LukeS

18th Oct 09 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was well sad, made me cry

And yes i feel a twat for admitting that.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Oct 09 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can they possibly be too quick to judge him for what he did? Would you say that if James Bulger's murderers moved in next door with their new identities?
LukeS

18th Oct 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the point of the film was to let you get to know the real character, and then judge him yourself when you find out what he did.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Oct 09 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not actually seen it, but I'm just adding my 2p worth.
LukeS

18th Oct 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go watch!
mart08uk

18th Oct 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is good, yeah eck i think what they did was wrong etc.. and if i was a relative/friend of the victim i would want to kill him aswell..but like Luke said you get to know him and he is portayed as a good person really...
mart08uk

18th Oct 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus alot of media stories to this day, only provide one veiw of a story... some murders etc... often have another side of the story. At the end of the day the movie portrays a good lad, but in real life someone that could commit such a crime would be evil or mentally ill... sorry not sure if that makes sence
Shell
Premium Member

18th Oct 09 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the way people are lured in by romanticised movies. He's portrayed to you as a good character by the director and suddenly your life views are changed

[Edited on 18-10-2009 by Shelley]
LukeS

18th Oct 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My views didn't change, i still liked him.
Shell
Premium Member

18th Oct 09 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I mean Luke is (I've never seen the movie, but I'll take a guess) one murderer/criminal is depicted as a poor victim who didn't mean to do it, and suddenly, people have a new found view on the murderers in life. It's a film.
mart08uk

18th Oct 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think i liked him, I felt sorry for him to some degree... see what you mean though
LukeS

18th Oct 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh.
MatthewR

19th Oct 09 at 03:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the ending was bit poor, wanted to know if he actually done it or not, im guessing they were equally to blame. Fcuked up though!!
I have mixed emotions/feelings over it, not sure if he deserved a second chance in the first place - problem is they release worse people back into society

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Boy A 22 database queries in 0.2852440 seconds