corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » legal noise level limit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author legal noise level limit
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 09 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a legal allowance for loud music, for instance,

can i play upto a certain dB reading wihtout getting into trouble, or isit don to the landlords descression?

i live in student accomodation btw (university owned) if that helps

ta faz x
Jenko_Sport

2nd Nov 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crank it up till you get complaints \o/
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had 3 and a written, just curious if i have any legal standing i can use in my defence? i presume not but worth asking
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good way to get out of a rental agreement from the sounds of it Depends if you like the place or not I suppose.
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been threatened in this written warning with seeing a councillor and then removal of equipment
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some good locks on your door.

TBH, it must be annoying as fuck for your neighbours tho and I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of you 'cranking it up'. Buy some headphones is my advice.
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suppose so, but i only play it loud between 10 and 4, surely this is acceptable? seeing as roadworsks will happily use those pnuematic drills at 8am for instance all day, same for dustbin lorries shunting around etc

[Edited on 02-11-2009 by FAZ]
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't stop it being any less annoying tho mate. I know it's student accommodation so it's different, but if you had a baby or something and some bellend next door has bass pouring through your walls all day it'd get on your tits and I'm sure you'd pay them a visit.

From the sounds of it you're obviously pissing people off, so be a gent and do the right thing imo. There's such a thing as "reasonable level".
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
John

2nd Nov 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of music are you playing?
nathy_87

2nd Nov 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One fo your neighbours may already have a db reader set up via the council and reading it as you play your music, just be careful.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not Michael Buble, that's for sure
nathy_87

2nd Nov 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I just haven't met you yet...."

sorry
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everything really

[Edited on 02-11-2009 by FAZ]
Dom

2nd Nov 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isn't a noise limit as such for residential areas, only in industries/commercial are there limits (for H&S) which is set at 80dBA, after that ear protection must be worn. The only thing that comes into play within residential areas is noise nuisance under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, where it has to be deemed unreasonable to the average person. However, if it went to court it could be seen differently.

You either have very thin flooring between the flats, or i would hazard a guess that you have a sub on (just turn this down, problem sorted), as it'd have to be pretty damn loud (90dB+) before a pair of bookshelfs become unreasonable to a neighbour. In either case turn it down, as they can by law they can seize your equipment (don't expect them to just stop at the stereo) and it'll be a serious ballache to get it back (most of the time you won't).

5dr corsa-3dr_polo - dB reader = Sound Level Meter (or propper term, Sound Pressure Level Meter).
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ sub and shite flooring

cheers guys
nathy_87

2nd Nov 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the one, cheers Dom.
Dom

2nd Nov 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the sub is on the floor then i would try and isolate it - placing it on a load of thick foam or brick will help, ultimately use spikes (>THIS<) and blutak/screw/glue them to the bottom of your sub. This will change the sound a bit, but if it stops you getting kicked out or your equipment taken then it's worth doing.
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its on the side desk, near the wall - just one of those small pc jobs
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6755720/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/2%7Ccat_14418968%7CPC+and+laptop+accessories%7C14419129/c_3/3%7Ccat_14419129%7CPC+speakers%7C14419136.htm

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » legal noise level limit 22 database queries in 0.3469210 seconds