corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Elongated adjustment camber bolt holes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Elongated adjustment camber bolt holes
moka

User status: Offline
7th Nov 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On FK Coilovers...

If you dnt do these up SUPER tight, will they come loose and fuck your steering up?

Also if you havent got much of a gap between the coilover and the wheel will the wheel move the coilover slightly and knock the camber out?

Im trying to work out why - after a garage setup the camber on my car, it was fine for 1min and they it went back to being out and the tracking seems out on one wheel.
Sean-B

7th Nov 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bolt must be super tight
Chris x

7th Nov 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might not of done them up tight enough. I have 5mm spacers on mine. The wheel is around 3-4mm from the coilover. Have done around 5000-6000 miles on them with no problems.

Some people have washers welded either side of the bolt to stop movement or spray paint arount the bolt to see any movement.
ed

7th Nov 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weld a washer on or get some special washers made up to stop them from sliding about the place. They have such a shitty design.
moka

7th Nov 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads, looks like im getting closer and closer to figuring out what the prob is.

One more question... Using the top mount and the thing below the top mount from the standard shocks is all you need on the top on the coilovers correct? Someone said about a bearing... i dont even know what that looks like ?
Jake

7th Nov 09 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i remember you use everything apart from the bit that sits on top of the standard springs because that's not needed anymore

[Edited on 07-11-2009 by jake]
moka

7th Nov 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got ya, cheers jake, so ive def got these fitted correctly, its just that stupid fuckin elongated bolt wank.
Jake

7th Nov 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never used them on my fks. those elongated bolts are only any good on shocks without the elongated hole unlike the fks. what did the garage use to set up the camber?
moka

7th Nov 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No im talking about the bolt hole, its bigger so u can move the standard bolt inside it.
Jake

7th Nov 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeh sorry mate misread. anyway what did they use to adjust the camber
Chris x

7th Nov 09 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you take it back to the garage? What they say?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Elongated adjustment camber bolt holes 22 database queries in 0.0102711 seconds