corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The lottery

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The lottery
Root

User status: Offline
8th Nov 09 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recently 2 people split a 90million jackpot. That's £45mil each.

Right, who needs that kind of money? You could buy planes, yachts, cars, houses, live the rest of your life without working.

I think it would be really cool if the lottery was easier to win...but people won less money. I mean NOBODY needs 45mil, unless you're 45mil in debt. But if maybe 50 people won 45mil, isn't that doing a lot more good than 2 people winning it? It helps more people, most people have a few thousand pounds debt that they would LOVE to see off. I think more people should win, a lesser amount. End of the day, nobody needs THAT much, but everybody would love to be able to win a big jackpot for a £1 ticket.

Anyone can say "less people would pay for a lesser amount", etc. But, just my 2 cents on the whole lottery idea. It would be better to help 47/50 people, than help 2/2.

Now somebody smart, go write this up properly and send it to the lotto peopel so I can win enough to get a nice corsa, lol.

[Edited on 08-11-2009 by Root]
LukeS

8th Nov 09 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

General chat?
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 01:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a game and gambling.

The people that organise it don't do it to help people out who might win.

Root

8th Nov 09 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
It's a game and gambling.

The people that organise it don't do it to help people out who might win.

They help a lot of charitys, surely they can help most people out? I mean, think about it. Who the fuck EVER needs that money? At the least people need £100k to get a mortgage on a nice house, but no more than £2mil is required per lottery winner. Anything more than that is just...unnecessary waste...you know, money that gets wasted on cars that will never be driven etc. Call me a cunt, I just think...helping more people with a little bit, is MUCH better than helping 2 people a hell of a lot. Look at the programme secret millionaire. Such nice, generous people, giving help to strangers they don't even know.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 02:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you're missing the point tbh. 100 people could win a share if they all had the same numbers. Lower prizes can also be had for less numbers etc. You're waffling on a bit tbh, who wouldn't love to win the jackpot.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 09 at 02:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The money spent isn't wasted. Look up economic multiplier theory.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 02:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I had wo that I'd probably only keep 10 or 15 million, I'd put half of what I saved into an account I couldn't touch for 30 years. I'd split the other amount between family and friends.
mwg

8th Nov 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who needs that kind of money?

ME!
BarnshaW

8th Nov 09 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
recently 2 people split a 90million jackpot. That's £45mil each.

Right, who needs that kind of money? You could buy planes, yachts, cars, houses, live the rest of your life without working.

I think it would be really cool if the lottery was easier to win...but people won less money. I mean NOBODY needs 45mil, unless you're 45mil in debt. But if maybe 50 people won 45mil, isn't that doing a lot more good than 2 people winning it? It helps more people, most people have a few thousand pounds debt that they would LOVE to see off. I think more people should win, a lesser amount. End of the day, nobody needs THAT much, but everybody would love to be able to win a big jackpot for a £1 ticket.

Anyone can say "less people would pay for a lesser amount", etc. But, just my 2 cents on the whole lottery idea. It would be better to help 47/50 people, than help 2/2.

Now somebody smart, go write this up properly and send it to the lotto peopel so I can win enough to get a nice corsa, lol.

[Edited on 08-11-2009 by Root]

dude most detached decent houses down here cost more then 2 million, i also think you underestimate the cost of things such as private yachts etc.
Root

8th Nov 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
dude most detached decent houses down here cost more then 2 million, i also think you underestimate the cost of things such as private yachts etc.

ah well, it's all materialistic things anyway, unlike my corsa

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The lottery 22 database queries in 0.0888741 seconds