corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » been reversed into :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author been reversed into :(
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
15th Nov 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all just after some advise please last night i was parked up just chating to a freind i was parked straight side ways and there was car with the back of it pointing to the passenger side of my car,the gay put his reverse lights on,then when i was just about to move put his foot down in reverse and smashed into the rear qurter of my car then as i got out my car and whent over he flew off!!,while he was trying to get away i managed to rip his reg off the car,then i called the police luckily they had pulled him due to his number plate been missing,so today im going to go police station to hand my documents in,and he has to, what im after is some advise on what peeople have done when this has happend to them iv got a rough idea just not 100 percent.im definatly going through insurance as i want this to all come shit on him!,i know the car will definately written off but what happens after that? thanks for any advise cant beleiove it soo gutted! sorry if the punctuation is not so good heres some pics unbeleiveably gutted!

Minty_Fresh

15th Nov 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch
Jamie_Hastings1

15th Nov 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Written off then they will take your car away,or you can make a deal to keep the car if you want it. Make sure before the insurance come its back to standard.
GTM

15th Nov 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same thing happednd to me bud. Can drag on for ages if the twat decides to deny the whole thing. Get your log number from the police and go from there. My insurance were useless so keep chasing it up. They will send someone out to take pictures of your car so firstly anything not declared take off as this will just cause you problems. Chances are they will try to write it off but if you can get them to offer you cash to say no more its probably the best outcome as it will not be recorded as a write off,he will lose some no claims which the tit deserves and you will probably come off fairly well from it after you have paid for repairs. Well done for ripping the plate off tho. It is gutting but chances are you will end up with a better car then before. I got £500 to say no more and the repairs cost me £150 through a frind and i paid for part of a holiday and a gsi bumper with the rest. Silver lining mate
cjohnson

15th Nov 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon that if you took the rear door card off and pushed the dent from the back, most of that would push straight out!.

My old car got booted in the rear quarter once, got majority of the dent out myself by pushing from the back. Then used a small decorators roller to tease the metal back to shape.

speedy 172

15th Nov 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate
anything not declared take off
push the dent out as much as you can
this may detur theinsurers from writing your car off
SRI-LEE

15th Nov 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTM
same thing happednd to me bud. Can drag on for ages if the twat decides to deny the whole thing. Get your log number from the police and go from there. My insurance were useless so keep chasing it up. They will send someone out to take pictures of your car so firstly anything not declared take off as this will just cause you problems. Chances are they will try to write it off but if you can get them to offer you cash to say no more its probably the best outcome as it will not be recorded as a write off,he will lose some no claims which the tit deserves and you will probably come off fairly well from it after you have paid for repairs. Well done for ripping the plate off tho. It is gutting but chances are you will end up with a better car then before. I got £500 to say no more and the repairs cost me £150 through a frind and i paid for part of a holiday and a gsi bumper with the rest. Silver lining mate

thanks mate thats a lot of help hope i do come good in the end just so gutted but just want it all sorted iv rung my insurance and given them all the details i have at the moment,iv been to the police station to hand my docs in they gave me an incident number,but the officer who dealed with it starts at 9 oclock tonight so shes going to be in touch with me then so i can get more details about the other guy off her,theres cameras on the multi story car park opposite that there going to look at and see if they caught it,insurance have told me to get 2 quotes from different garages then they will send it to his insurers will update more when i know
SRI-LEE

15th Nov 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
I reckon that if you took the rear door card off and pushed the dent from the back, most of that would push straight out!.

My old car got booted in the rear quarter once, got majority of the dent out myself by pushing from the back. Then used a small decorators roller to tease the metal back to shape.

its worse than that though just been out and when the doors shut you can fit your finger behind it so will probably need a jig e.t.c on it not good!
Corsa_Sport21

15th Nov 09 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it twisted the chassis that your saying it will need a jig on it??

Looks like the dent will pop out.
SRI-LEE

15th Nov 09 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where the door meets the qurter panel the gap there has increased a large amount so i can only presume it will need a jig to sort that
Corsa_Sport21

15th Nov 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But the door looks like it hasnt moved,still matched up with the bumpstrip and the front wing.
It looks like the 1/4 panel has just been pushed in.
Certainly wont need jigged.
Dan.H

15th Nov 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that wont need jigging lol
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Nov 09 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the bump strip off and pull that dent out, then see how it looks.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

15th Nov 09 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new quarter and probably repair door but cant really tell from pics,
probably be written off though.
When omeone reversed into my nova i was in a shop and a woman gave me the reg of the car when i came out.
went to the police station and had a cheque through from the other persons insurance within two weeks, work in the trade so sped it up a bit,
should be alright as you had his number plate and his car no doubt has damage on it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
SRI-LEE

15th Nov 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate got 3 places im going to take it to for quotes 2 big ones and a small village one with good reputation and have a few freinds who have used him and come out perfect thanks all for your advise will update when i found out more
grez12

15th Nov 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch feel for ya fella make the twats insurance suffer for it ! !
fillmecca

17th Nov 09 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to kendal auto bodey lee really good and if hes paying for it hes f**cked because thay charge a arm and a leg for work there! lol w8 till i get of that litel chav eh

[Edited on 17-11-2009 by fillmecca]
Root

17th Nov 09 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca
go to kendal auto bodey lee really good and if hes paying for it hes f**cked because thay charge a arm and a leg for work there! lol w8 till i get of that litel chav eh

[Edited on 17-11-2009 by fillmecca]

Just means it will be more likely to be written off then? Then they give you something shit like £200 because "That's all the car is worth now"
SRI-LEE

17th Nov 09 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to 5 different places including auto body but got a few smaller good reputaion places il be handing in the 2 cheapest quotes to hopefully save it getting written off as i just want it fixed!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » been reversed into :( 23 database queries in 0.0131030 seconds