corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Warranty help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Warranty help
John

User status: Offline
16th Nov 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, fridge from comet, was 2 years old in may this year, comes with a 24 month warranty.

Decided to break this morning, everything in it ruined etc etc.

It's a fridge, it stands in the kitchen keeping stuff cold, hasn't exactly had a hard life.

Am I correct in thinking they don't get away with just saying it's out of warranty now and things have to last for a reasonable amount of time, which for a fridge I'd say is well over 2 years.

I will obviously ask comet and see what they say first and won't go in all guns blazing but I'd like to know what the score is when I get the expected GTF from them.
Cavey

16th Nov 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I expect they'll tell you to get stuffed. as it's over the 2 year period, and you should of paid extra for their extended care.

I dunno the laws on it, but that would be my assumption, and if i worked there, that's what i'd be saying

This reply doesn't really help you...
John

16th Nov 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnshaw has given me loads of help via IM.

If it comes to it it'll get repaired/a new one, worth a try though, more so because of the fact the kitchen is downstairs and I really don't want to lift an american fridge up stairs, was hard enough to get down.
Colin

16th Nov 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened to my sisters freezer, pretty much just out of warranty. I think the told her she had no come back as they had offered an extended warranty & she turned it down.
Marc

16th Nov 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could argue that you expect it to last a reasonable amount of time - Around 5 years. Quote statuary rights and you might get somewhere.
John

16th Nov 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the lines I was originally thinking, I'm sure I read it when LCD tv's started getting popular and all had 1 year warrantys but there was something or other that meant the 1 year warranty wasn't enough.
Aaron

16th Nov 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine they'll tell you to GTF TBH IMHO
BarnshaW

16th Nov 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a product should have an expected lifespan, there is no exact amount of time but a product should last a "reasonable" amount of time, if you spend say £800 on an american fridge freezer and it breaks just after 2 years then this would not be reasonable time.

They may argue the fact that you should have taken out extended warranty but in the same sense you would expect a product to be durable and last longer then this. Company i work for WILL assist customers with units that are faulty a few months outside the warranty period.
SVM 286

18th Nov 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comet are cunts in my experience of the same kind John.

Deffo worth popping in there to register your dissatisfaction, although you should try your best not to take hostages.

Make sure you contact the manufacturer. They may show some mercy.
John

18th Nov 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Latest on it is I phoned, got fed up waiting so logged a case with their '24 hour online support' which I'm still waiting for a reply from.

Phoned today, they didn't ask for proof of purchase or anything, said somebody will phone to arrange coming out.

Didn't mention paying for it so I'll see what they say tomorrow.
SVM 286

18th Nov 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John

19th Nov 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting a new fridge from them
Cavey

19th Nov 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff!
Cosmo

19th Nov 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great stuff.

Did they not even check if it was still in the warranty or anything?
John

19th Nov 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sent an engineer out today with some sort of safety kit (I wasn't in) and he said straight away the compressor is broken, big job, part can take weeks.

Told us to phone up and lay it on and get a replacement.

Phoned the tech support line, straight trhough to escalations, twat on escalations told me it can take up to 28 days and that's policy, I had no chance of getting anything other than that.

Asked him who was above him, told me head office, phoned them, gave the story and how it was totally unacceptable to be without a fridge for a month, he didn't argue much and offered a replacement, which is a newer model.

Although that's good, it will still take about 2 weeks, now we've got another fridge anyway so it's not a massive issue but wtf are you supposed to do if you've only got 1 fridge?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Warranty help 22 database queries in 0.0102990 seconds