corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smell of petrol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smell of petrol
GTM

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all
Bit stumped atm as my car seems to smell fairly strongly of petrol. Its a 1.2 8v
Cant pin poin really where the smell is coming from as it doesnt smell stornger anywhere in particular but most people have noticed it while standing near the back. Open the fuel flap and it doesnt seem like its coming from there at all. Doesnt smell any worse while its got a full tank either. Sometimes it doesnt smell at all then othertimes standiong within 6 feet of it you can smell it. Doesnt appear to be leaking anywhere i can see.
Bit confused tbh as i cant understand why the smell comes and goes or where its coming from. Anyone got any ideas or places/things to check?
any help would be great.
GTM

22nd Nov 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and could it be the fuel filter as since ive had the car ive never changed it.
purcell7

23rd Nov 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this on my 1.2 8v,have you looked right under the at the petrol tank? mine was leaking a small amount from the top of the breather pipe, worth a look if you havent already.
moka

23rd Nov 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine smelt of petrol when the CAT was fooked, had a little hole in it.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel tank has gone porous

Exactly the same as on mine, I could always smell petrol, sometimes stronger than others and seemed to be behind the doors/back of car but never a static location.

Replaced the tank which is not a difficult job just expect a few grazed knuckles etc

I have the tank I fitted for sale; £30 + delivery. It was on the car for 500miles and is in mint condition, That price includes the sender unit, pump and tank mounted hoses.
Root

23rd Nov 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
fuel tank has gone porous

Exactly the same as on mine, I could always smell petrol, sometimes stronger than others and seemed to be behind the doors/back of car but never a static location.

Replaced the tank which is not a difficult job just expect a few grazed knuckles etc

I have the tank I fitted for sale; £30 + delivery. It was on the car for 500miles and is in mint condition, That price includes the sender unit, pump and tank mounted hoses.

does it have any petrol in it? lol
biswell

23rd Nov 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the petrol tank mate had this with my 1.4 8v tank was rusty as f**k

New Poll