corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » morette indicator help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author morette indicator help
Root

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought some morettes off here from dazzi0, nice lad btw, but lives in a field somewhere

Fitted them, took the side lamps off, then I used the bulbs from my angel eyes to make indicators in the holes where the side lamps used to be..is it legal to have a bulb like that or does it need to be behind some kind of lamp? If so I might have to put the bulbs behind the headlight lamp or buy some indicators specifically for the morettes?

cheers lads
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could interfere with high / low beam (i presume the indicators are in the outside / larger lamp??)

some people use the inner lamp, or strap bulbs behind the girll / motorbike indicators, i will find pics

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by FAZ]
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Root

22nd Nov 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Faz, that first pic. They would be perfect. Where can I get them and how much are they? They look gorgeous
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm 2 secs...
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-24CM-Under-car-Strip-LED-Bulb-neon-Light-12V-Orange_W0QQitemZ180432918749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a02a3d8dd

wired into a normal indicator places as usual - make sure you have one of those resitors so they dont flash to fast

and to put it bluntly, they are atm just wedged under the morette

Jamxe

23rd Nov 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will divulge my secret to you all.. Motorcycle bulbs I drilled a hole in the inner lamp, about 15mm in diameter, and fitted parking light holders but put 23watt amber motorcycle bulbs in. There are the same size as a 501 sidelight bulb, maybe bigger, but flash bright, don't turn the lamp orange with reflection from the bulb and passed the NCT here in Ireland.

Fine using sidelight bulbs but at night with your dim's on you wont see the indicator So motorbike bulbs are better, and no need for resistor..
Not very noticeable

Like the parking like bulb which comes as standard..

Just need to strip down the lamps, drill them and have the parts needes, grommit,bulb holder etc..
Root

23rd Nov 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZmake sure you have one of those resitors so they dont flash to fast

where can i get the resistors? thanks
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried looking but cant find it anywhwere, ill have another go
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12v-LOAD-BALLAST-RESISTORS-TWIN-PACK-For-LED-lights_W0QQitemZ320448071673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9c3187f9
Root

23rd Nov 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12v-LOAD-BALLAST-RESISTORS-TWIN-PACK-For-LED-lights_W0QQitemZ320448071673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9c3187f9

cheers for that but how do you keep the resistors away from water? lol
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm tuck them under something, wrap in insualtor tape
am4nf

23rd Nov 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jamxe can you tell me exactly everything needed mate
Root

23rd Nov 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
erm tuck them under something, wrap in insualtor tape

cheers for all the help buddy
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to be realf flash - as the leds stick out from the main strip, y not drill 30 (i think) oles in the black bump strip part of the front bumper and sit them in it, ive always wanted to do it, but never had the guts to chop holes in my bumper
Root

23rd Nov 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
if you want to be realf flash - as the leds stick out from the main strip, y not drill 30 (i think) oles in the black bump strip part of the front bumper and sit them in it, ive always wanted to do it, but never had the guts to chop holes in my bumper

would look nice but I'd mess it up, all them holes so close together are bound to crack or something lol
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm good point - anyway good luck

[Edited on 23-11-2009 by FAZ]
Jamxe

23rd Nov 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
jamxe can you tell me exactly everything needed mate

Not much really.. Parking light bulb holders, grommits and 23watt motorcycle indicator bulbs (can be got from demon tweeks) Just need abit of time and patience to strip them all down, drill the lamp in the correct place and wire them all in..

New Poll