corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone have or had a cd multichanger?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone have or had a cd multichanger?
am4nf

User status: Offline
26th Nov 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gona get the gf one for her focus and looking for the best deal

I also need to know will it work with her built in headunit, I think its either a sony or blapunkt but its a ford fitted one with sat nav n all that jazz

Also do multi changers come with a remote?
Andyrs1800

26th Nov 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother mate. They are old news now. She not got an Ipod? Get the ipod adaptor... Laffin
Andyrs1800

26th Nov 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS, The changer will run off the Radio so no need for remote.
James_DT

26th Nov 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't need a remote - they're controlled by the headunit.
You can get adapters to use Sony CD changers with most OE headunits from Halfords or online.
am4nf

26th Nov 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye but will I have the option on screen to choose a cd? or would I need to flick through every song on every cd

She has an ipod but 1. she never updates it 2. that always needs charged and 3. shes a numpty and drives along staring at the ipod so I would prefer it if she only had to touch the controls on the steering wheel
James_DT

26th Nov 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
aye but will I have the option on screen to choose a cd? or would I need to flick through every song on every cd

She has an ipod but 1. she never updates it 2. that always needs charged and 3. shes a numpty and drives along staring at the ipod so I would prefer it if she only had to touch the controls on the steering wheel

The 1-6 buttons on the stereo would select the CD when you're playing from the changer, and one or more of the buttons on the remote would probably cycle through the CDs.
Skipping forwards on the last track on a CD usually goes back to track 1, not the next CD.

Some of the iPod kits, like the Denison kits, put the iPod in place of the CD changer and the headunit sees it as a changer, so that it can be controlled using the headunit or steering wheel remote.
James_DT

26th Nov 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kits like this for the changer:
http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/CD_Products/CD_Changer_Interfaces/Ford_CD_Changer_Interface_Adaptor

iPod kit:
http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/Ford_iPod_Car_Kit

Or eBay for a Ford CD changer & bracket etc.
am4nf

26th Nov 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I would need an interface aswell as the changer?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone have or had a cd multichanger? 22 database queries in 0.0054989 seconds