corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » respray

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author respray
chloe16v

User status: Offline
9th Dec 09 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right afew weeks ago i had lost all interest in my car and tried selling my engine and airdam bumper, but since having it broken into saturday night, i have gained more love for my car for some reason i have now started planning what i want doing to it again, im going to have the engine fitted some time after xmas but thought it would be easyer to have it all resprayed while the engine is out, i want the car a total different colour, some thing that maybe hasnt been done before on a corsa, been looking at different candy's and blues but im open to any sugestions (not white) would you guys leave the engine bay black? would that look good or gay? also the inside of the car (not the door sills ect)?

also how much would i be looking at for a total respray? i would strip the whole car myself and deliver them a rolling shell. also would i be able to buy my own paint ect for the body shop to use or would they want to use there own?

please no silly comments, thank you
daymoon
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 02:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta be some kinda red....
chloe16v

9th Dec 09 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really really hate red
chloe16v

9th Dec 09 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although i did think about this one but really not sure if id like it when it was finished
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 02:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. inside of doors and bay would look a bit cack in white but i have done a job where the guy painted them matt black after as he didnt want to pay for them to be done and it was on a blue car, looked pretty good tbh as he fine line taped it out and looked msart.

2. Some candy blues can look amazing but there are also some very nice blue pearls and genrally cheaper and have near on same affect.

3. Probably would be cheaper if the bodyshop supplies and uses there own materials and they probably wouldnt want to use anything other than there stuff.

4. Price is really hard but say they supply, its fully stripped of all lights, bumpers, door handels etc and there isnt really many dents to sort and no rust probably about £1200 ish but i would say thats ur minumum.
chloe16v

9th Dec 09 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inside the door sille would be painted same colour as the rest of the car (i.e all the paint you can see when the doors are open) the car is black so under the bonnet would stay that colour if i chose to do it that way, not white, not sure where you got that idea from lol

i can got a 3 liter kit of paint, base coat, thinners, lacquer ect for around £300, thought that might have been cheaper than a body shop could supply it for that was all
LukeS

9th Dec 09 at 02:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paint it orange on black rims.
chloe16v

9th Dec 09 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LukeS

9th Dec 09 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would look cool.
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 03:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh sorry read it a bit fast and saw White instead of black, £300 sounds ok for materials but is the lacquer any gd?

Probs looking around £1700+ I would say.

[Edited on 09-12-2009 by Graeme]
Ste
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 06:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to IAZ he does them for less than a grand

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
chloe16v

9th Dec 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IAZ? search comes up with no user name
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flamingcorsa

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
shane 08

9th Dec 09 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ud bring your car to lancs can ste full spray in and owt for bout 600 you buy paint myn went in sat get it back fri or sat will post pics wen its done

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » respray 23 database queries in 0.0116730 seconds