corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!

Poll: Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
  I use my mobile phone while driving
  I never use my mobile phone while driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8407142.stm

Basically more people are using mobiles while driving even after the new laws came into place, they are considering ways to fine more people, like give pretend police powers and possibly traffic wardens which could be quite bad

So my question is how many of you use your phone while driving? have you ever been caught? is the fine too harsh? are you even bothered?

Personally I think the 3 points bit is a fucking joke, fair enough hit our wallets but giving away points is not fun, its hard enough avoiding points without all of this!
Kano

11th Dec 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on my phone a lot of the time when I'm driving. Only recently bought a handsfree kit, much better knowing I dont have to throw my phone on the floor at the sight of a police car..
pow
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mito has a full bluetooth kit in it when is fantastic. But saying that i'll still pick up the phone when I'm stopped at lights or whatever and read a text/dial out from the phone
Dan295

11th Dec 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im driving an on the phone a lot more than i used to tbh, text or call
mwg

I occasionally text whilst driving. Never make calls but if someone rings me and I cant see any police about I'll answer it.

When I had my Corsa I had a bluetooth headunit put in so I could use it handsfree and wasn't a problem like it is now.
Whittie

I voted yes.

Completely agree with you with the points, a bit ott.

I was caught once, was driving a golf, and they put down on the ticket it was a saxo. One of the officers didn't want to give me points, the other did.

I think the officer purposly did the ticket wrong, as he said to protest it if I wish.

At the end of the day it's against the law, it's a joke that its 3 points. Have you ever sat in a passenger seat of a car in a fast lane on a motorway, and look at the drivers of cars you overtake.

A good 80% of them are on their phones anyway!
pow
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a very recent thing as well, I used to drive my Corsa around with my phone stuck to my ear when it wasn't a fine or points offence
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I have no problems with making calls, taking calls, sending/reading textes while driving. I've had a couple of times when mates have said on the other side of the phone OMG YOU'RE DRIVING WHILE ON THE PHONE! But I dunno, I just dont see it being so serious, perhaps I might change my mind when I get spanked for 3 points or mow down a group of homeless dogs.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I drive on the phone, Easy to put it down if you see a copper.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
pow
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather just stay points free tbh, if it wasn't illegal i'd do it anyway.

Just the same as I eat while I drive
Whittie

11th Dec 09 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
yeah I have no problems with making calls, taking calls, sending/reading textes while driving. I've had a couple of times when mates have said on the other side of the phone OMG YOU'RE DRIVING WHILE ON THE PHONE! But I dunno, I just dont see it being so serious, perhaps I might change my mind when I get spanked for 3 points or mow down a group of homeless dogs.

Would you seriously GAF if you mowed down a group of homeless dogs? I'd be more worried about the front bumper lol.

I have the same attitude though, far too relaxed about it, and people are getting owned for doing it these days, should use the hands free more I guess
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres all the off beat cops from CS to tell us we're a bunch of cunts??
Marc

11th Dec 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I occasionally answer text whilst sat in traffic. I don't answer whilst driving.
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:

Would you seriously GAF if you mowed down a group of homeless dogs? I'd be more worried about the front bumper lol.

I have the same attitude though, far too relaxed about it, and people are getting owned for doing it these days, should use the hands free more I guess

Yeah its down to lazyness, I dont really want to spend money on a bluetooth kit or anything at the moment for the car, fucking thing needs tax at the end of the month, thats bad enough
Whittie

11th Dec 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wheres all the off beat cops from CS to tell us we're a bunch of cunts??

Probably trying to view this thread on their phone on the M6, reception isn't that great on some parts of that road. Give it a few mins, they'll be along.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a handsfree kit in my old golf, used to use that. The other cars I have don't though

willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 points is fucking bullshit though! And can you imagine if Traffic Wardens could give out points? there would be daily revenge attacks on them.
marklawton

11th Dec 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i do it occasially. depends who it is, if its not the gf or family then ill just ring/txt them back when i get to where ever iam going.

i dont see the problem in it, i mean, whats the difference between talking on the phone and talking to a passenger? doing the same thing in my eyes
John

11th Dec 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8407142.stm

give pretend police powers

Ben J will be giving out points left right and centre.

I still use mine but less than before the points, been a good few times I've had to do the old drop and act innocent routine.

The worst but about the law is people now stop anywhere the phone rings, on a corner, blind hill etc, to answer, which is just as dangerous, even though it's still illegal.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not difficult to not get caught though. Just keep an eye out. It's the same with when you are speeding You have to keep an eye out for cameras/coppers.

Whittie

11th Dec 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, they're hated enough. Bet they're shitting themselves now.
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate mobile phones with a passion so driving gives me a good reason not to use it

tbh seeing folk talking on the phone doesnt bother me too much its the idiots that text that gring my gears. wtf surely thats more risky!!
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Mito has a full bluetooth kit in it when is fantastic. But saying that i'll still pick up the phone when I'm stopped at lights or whatever and read a text/dial out from the phone

Think my M3 has a voice activated one built in but tbh im not interested....never ever gave it a looking!
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone ever had abuse off people because you're on your phone? I had some guy get out of his car before while we were in slow moving traffic cause I was on mine
mwg

11th Dec 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
It's not difficult to not get caught though. Just keep an eye out. It's the same with when you are speeding You have to keep an eye out for cameras/coppers.

Thats it. And if you are competent enough to be able to drive whilst on the phone and watching out for police then it cant be as distracting or dangerous as they say it is. Thats 3 tasks you are successfully doing at once. And your a man. Multi-tasking

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again! 23 database queries in 0.0178490 seconds