corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » evo ix !!! mpg

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author evo ix !!! mpg
cpcrampton

User status: Offline
19th Dec 09 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so 15mpg average with some enthusiastic driving is this normal? 30 miles to office so 60 miles per day limited traffic. its a 320 standard.

[Edited on 19-12-2009 by cpcrampton]
x14xe sport

19th Dec 09 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my freinds 500+ evo 5 rs does around 25mpg if he keeps it off boost
cpcrampton

19th Dec 09 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how he manages that i dont know. i supose off boost its a tame beast though.
SteveW

19th Dec 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound about right lol.. my car has so far averaged 23.7mpg over the last 4900miles
x14xe sport

19th Dec 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

off boost its a normal 2 litre really apart from cams and exhaust etc most of the power is from the turbo so driving steady its ok, it does go down to low tens when on full chat tho so yours is about right i would say my old volvo t5 averaged 15mpg and that was around 300bhp
cpcrampton

19th Dec 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have not bought yet , i have just heard horror stories. which would be cheaper to run 2005 m3 or fq-320. also for practicality i have a wife and kids. also ease of driving as my wife will be driving some days. ie i dont want her spining out the m3 on round abouts etc
x14xe sport

19th Dec 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evo tbh
Colin

19th Dec 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 2005 M3, get about 22mpg average, 32mpg personal best on a run.
DizzyRebel

19th Dec 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo has 4 doors and a big boot.

M3 is a 2 door sports coupe.

The evo would make a better family car, however the fq models are hardly a tame car, id go so far to say an M3 is a more refined drive and easier for a woman to drive than an evo, esp with TC shes not going to spin it unless she floors it roung round a roundabout - in which case she deserves to spin it for driving like a twat lol.

Neither are cheap to run, and if how much they cost to run is a limiting factor then neither car should be on your list, as both cost a packet to fuel, insure and maintain with regular expensive services needed and parts/consumables being priced a premium.

Hard pushed between the 2 really, if it were my money id be buying the M3 for myself and get the mrs an a3/a4 tdi for the school run.
cpcrampton

19th Dec 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh - running cost is not an issue but the cheaper the better. she will be driving when i am offshore and she is very slow driver i wouldnt want to come home to a write off though. we have three cars now and will be selling two of them keeping the clio for cheap thrills. i plan to pay cash for the next car anything up to 15k but i have been tempted to put a new m3 on finance but depreciation is frightening me i dont want to loose 20 k in 5 years this is what the stealership told me i would loose on a 37k car, sureley this is an exageration?
Colin

19th Dec 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

37k will get you a 07/57 M3, 5yrs on likely wont be worth 10-12k if thats what you mean? Still better than spending 50k for a new one & it being worth 30k in 3yrs.

I'll be getting a E92 next but im waiting until they go sub 30k.
Colin

19th Dec 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also ive never spun my M3 without really trying to so if you wife drives slow she wont have any problems.
c4rsa-sport

19th Dec 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my LCR is a tab under 300bhp and with going to work and back all week driving normal and with a bit of boost my average is 22mpg
jr

19th Dec 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
37k will get you a 07/57 M3, 5yrs on likely wont be worth 10-12k if thats what you mean? Still better than spending 50k for a new one & it being worth 30k in 3yrs.

bloke on northloop sold his CSL for a E92 and has got rid of its months later as its fuel consumption is terrible
cpcrampton

19th Dec 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate the choosing/ buying a new car process!!
Colin

19th Dec 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

bloke on northloop sold his CSL for a E92 and has got rid of its months later as its fuel consumption is terrible

More hp, bigger cc its not surprising. Its not going to bother me as I dont do many miles, probably sub 5k a year.
Adam_B

19th Dec 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 extra cylinders probably dont help too much either

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » evo ix !!! mpg 22 database queries in 0.0762670 seconds