corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » which tyres sould i go for

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author which tyres sould i go for
geth_16vsport

User status: Offline
26th Dec 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toyo Proxes 4s
Toyo Proxes t1r
YOKOHAMA AS01 s drives
KUMHO KU31
FALKEN ZE912
which ones would you got for

these are the tyres on ebay ive seen within my price range i got about £170isi
delivered to spend
and if any of you guys know of any where better to get them on the interweb please let me know

thanks
Adam_B

26th Dec 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

KUMHO KU31
Nic Barnes

26th Dec 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask your local tyre place for a price including fitting before ordering off the internet. sometimes it costs more.
DaveyLC

26th Dec 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
KUMHO KU31

Ditto..

Order them online, you'll save a fortune then find a friendly local tyre fitter.
Nic Barnes

26th Dec 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont always save a fortune. people believe internet prices too much. check it out locally first.
DaveyLC

26th Dec 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only place I've ever found that has been close to the proper online places like Mytyres (Delti) and Tyre Warehouse are Micheledever and they are a UK importer, most of their stuff is RRP or just under..

I always buy tyres online and take them to the guy next door for fitting, generally he cant even get them cost price for what I pay online retail..

My KU31's on the Impreza were £185 for the set.. Then £20 fitting and ballencing.. Thats £51.25 a piece! The RRP was £76.

[Edited on 26-12-2009 by DaveyLC]
richc

26th Dec 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
wont always save a fortune. people believe internet prices too much. check it out locally first.

True story tbh. My mechanic friend is friendly with the local 'weselltyres.com' guy and i can never get them off the net as cheep as him.
Nic Barnes

26th Dec 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so becuase you know someone that will fit the cheap everyone else does? tbh no.

also, the price you can get them off mitchell dever etc isnt the same as a larger coompany can, therefore makingh them cheaper. we have had people buy tyres off black circles and other such places fetch them in for fitting and the total cost is sometimes as much as 50 more than what it would have been if they had just came in for them.

internet prices are over hyped and people believe things far too easily.

i can get any tyre, fitted and balanced cheaper than any price you could find on the net.
DaveyLC

26th Dec 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also, the price you can get them off mitchell dever etc isnt the same as a larger coompany can

Larger? Do you know who Micheldever are? They have one of the biggest tyre warehouses and fitting bays I've ever seen.

True about fitting but hell even If I'd paid top whack (tenner wheel) thats still £56 a tyre thats £20 under RRP! A £80 saving... Not something to be sniffed at

I'm Mr Frugal.

[Edited on 26-12-2009 by DaveyLC]
Nic Barnes

26th Dec 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
also, the price you can get them off mitchell dever etc isnt the same as a larger coompany can

Larger? Do you know who Micheldever are? They have one of the biggest tyre warehouses and fitting bays I've ever seen.

words fail me right now.

becuase your local garage can buy a tyre at x price, doesnt mean another larger tyre fitting place buys it at same price. thats what im saying. becuase YOU can get it at x price off micheldever, doesnt mean i pay the same. id get it FAR cheaper than you can off them.

YOU havent written what I wrote at ALL.
DaveyLC

26th Dec 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh you are saying a larger company can get them them cheaper FROM micheldever

They arent my local by any means either.. Best place round here is Total Tyres who supply just about all the local retailers.

I've never been able to beat online prices (when you shop around of course).

My point is unless you 'know people in the trade' and can get stuff at real cost price you wont be able to beat the online BIG boys who are knocking out old stock for pittance.
Nic Barnes

26th Dec 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

without knowing people in the trade i can still get stuff fitted cheaper than net plus delivery then plus fitting. thats my point. shop around and dont believe the internet hype.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » which tyres sould i go for 22 database queries in 0.0146301 seconds