corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had my car remapped

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had my car remapped
mwg

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been putting it off but a group buy came up so decided to cut myself in on it. Went for the bluefin which gives reasonable claimed gains and gives me the option to take the map on and off as I want. They also dont claim as much power which I'm hoping might save my clutch and if you go much over 200bhp it means removing the DPF which is more money and quite an obvious thing to spot if it ever needs warranty work.

Thought I'd better take a picture of something to show in this thread as there isn't anything else to see

Been out for a quick drive before and after to compare and it seems quite a bit faster already, will be interesting to see what I think after a few more miles to make sure its not a placebo effect. It was the extra torque that I could really feel. Got a trip to Manchester tomorrow so I can get a better idea then of how it performs.

This is what they show for their power graphs here I'm not bothered about having mine rolling roaded, as long as it drives nicely thats the main thing to me. They also say improved MPG so again will see in time if thats true or not.

Happy for now, feels faster, feels more urgent and responsive and its really really easy to install. You just plug it in and follow the instructions.

Now its just a case of living with it for a bit to see how I get on with it. Chuffed for now

EDIT - Its an Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170, forgot to mention that!

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by mwg]
mwg

29th Dec 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to dig my car out to get off my drive to have a go in it then when I drove back on I got stuck half way up so its not great in snow
BYRON

29th Dec 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much was the bluefin matt?
mwg

29th Dec 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got it for £355 inc. P&P because of the group buy. £435 is the normal price.

I did a video before and after of the speedo so I might try to upload at some point.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had my car remapped 22 database queries in 0.1027951 seconds