corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car on finance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car on finance
challinor

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey iv seen a car i realy like but the only way i can have it is on finace is this a good idea as im only 19 n the car is 6k so any bit of info will help thanx ben
John

29th Dec 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the finance at a good rate?

Can you afford it?

Will the deposit and payments mean that the car is always worth more than you owe on it?
chloe16v

29th Dec 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really depends on if you can afford the repayment

*awaits all the anti finance people*
Ben G

29th Dec 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my car on finance.

as long as you can EASILY AFFORD THE REPAYMENTS then you will be fine.

it's only a bad idea for twats that can't handle their money properly or people who have other outgoings i.e. mortgages, all depends on how much you earn > how much you spend though.
craig8
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said, if you ca afford the payments then its okay

try to forecast how long you will keep the car for and how much you will still owe on the car when you want to get rid of it, if you can trade the car in for that much and write off the finance then it is ideal

E36 328
challinor

29th Dec 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye it sounds like a good deal to me £100 deposit £130 a month is the lowest or 160 with loads off extra shit like warrenty 3 years of servicein but the only probklem is the insurance does it go higher when you get a almost brand new car + i got go fully comp as well
chloe16v

29th Dec 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all depends on what car it is with the insurance, sooo what car is it?
Eck
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are many different variables that need to be considered before deciding if it's right.

You're 19, do you get a decent wage? What is the interest rate? Over how many years are you considering taking the finance? What sort of insurance/tax/servicing will you be paying? Once you've answered all them, and if you feel that you can afford all of the upkeep, then I don't see why not.
fir3vip3r

29th Dec 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at 19, do you need to spend 6k on a car?

its a good idea, if you can easily afford the repayments, and have a bit of disposable income after its paid.

Im 20 and i HATE having any finance. Especially for a car
Simon_16v

29th Dec 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 20 and have a £8500 on finance.

I have a secure job which i can afford the repayments. I bought this particular car as i do high mileage so i wanted a reliable new(ish) car to do this with. 6% apr and £200 a month which suits me fine as il keep it 3years and just change it.
Chris x

29th Dec 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate @ 18 spent 10k on a second hand Seat Leon. He had it 10months before he wrote it off. All the money he was spending in those 10months was the interest.

Insurance paid out for it along with the RTI insurance. Think he lost around 1k.

Loads of 17-20year olds have brand new cars around my area - all Seats. They seem to give finance to anyone!

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by Chris Corsa B]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as he value of the car is allways more than the loan then it will be fine, just make sure you work it all out,

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
craig8
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the other thing, do not take GAP insurance from the dealership, they will want about £300 and it puts your monthly payments up, go to somewhere like directgap or one of the other companys who do gap insurance and you should get it for less than half that, if you can pay it in one go

E36 328
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your best off getting a loan instead of finance tbh

Toby
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my finance at 4.85% thats cheaper than any loan i can see
Eck
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
your best off getting a loan instead of finance tbh

Depends. Peter Vardy are doing a fixed 5% APR just now. No loan could get near that in this current climate.
challinor

29th Dec 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its a 57 reg puto with 10k on the clock in gray looks nice intrest is 7% think i can afford it
fir3vip3r

29th Dec 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i just ask why you need to spend so much?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm could get a nice bmw for that, but thats just me , just think will you get bored of it in a year

ed

30th Dec 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a £6k loan on a car might be depressing. I think I'd like to have it paid off in about a year or 18 months max. If you're having to go for a longer term loan then the value of the car will drop and the cost of the loan will be pretty high and paying the repayments will start to hurt.
Neo

30th Dec 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I think a £6k loan on a car might be depressing. I think I'd like to have it paid off in about a year or 18 months max. If you're having to go for a longer term loan then the value of the car will drop and the cost of the loan will be pretty high and paying the repayments will start to hurt.

Bang on IMO

You haven't answered any of the questions people have been asking such as whether you earn comfortably enough to have it AND save up at the same time.

I bought my first C2 on finance, was about the same price and got a good rate which meant when i sold it 8 months later the car was still worth more than what was outstanding. In my honest opinion if you could put down more to start you could pay it off sooner.

Also think about your working situation, are you off to uni in 8 months ? How secure is your job etc.

Also, have you thought about getting something cheaper i.e. a low miled 03/04 for 3k for instance Buying a 57 plate means it'd be coming up to 3 years soon meaning first MOT etc which will probably be a right cunt
Root

30th Dec 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 20 and purely from house bills and money owed to people, I am £5.5k+ in debt today, not over cars, but over moving out...it isn't the same but it's another big decision, what happened was i lost my job and the bills kept coming...

so you need to think carefully, just think if you can afford it? and is your job a stable one? If you tick them boxes, if you think it's a good decision, enjoy a lovely brand new car
Corsa_Sport21

30th Dec 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a 57plate Fiat Punto,i wouldnt.

Not at 19 anyway as you will get bored of it.
Graham88

30th Dec 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get a car on finance aslong as all the right boxes are ticked, safe job etc, but it'd have to be for a car thats worth it, for a Punto I wouldn't not if you are into cars as you'll be bored and chop it in before the year is up
neil h

30th Dec 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't bother unless it was something really nice that you were gonna keep for a while. Got my C on a 3 year finance deal and tbh i half wish i hadn't. Completely fed up with the car now and want shot of it.

So think carefully about how much you want the car.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car on finance 23 database queries in 0.0178370 seconds