corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » color coding arches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author color coding arches
cruzin corsa

User status: Offline
   6th Mar 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IM LOOKING TO RESPRAY THE ARCHES. THEY WERE SPRAYED A WHILE BACK BUT THE PAINT IS STARTING TO CHIP OFF SO THERE STARTING TO LOOK CRAP IM GOING TO TAKE THEM OFF AND SAND THEM ALL DOWN BEFORE PAINTING THEM BUT TROUBLE IS I DONT KNOW HOW THE COME OFF HOW MANY SCREWS ARE IN THEM AND WHERE ARE THEY WILL I HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE COMBAT 1 SIDESKIRTS TO GET THE ARCHES OFF. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.
tical2003

6th Mar 03 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have combat skirts over my arches and i had the exact same problem , the paint wer cummin off , so i carfully rubbed em down and sprayd em,but i was sold crap paint so i had 2 do em agen so to tek em off i fink u will have 2 remove ur side skirts and loosen ur front and rear bumpers iv not tek em off.
tical2003

6th Mar 03 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are about 6 small bolts behin the arches ,which are easy 2 get off but its gettin to em , ule probably have to take ur wheels off one by one. i think all feckin arches should be sprayed from the start , iv u wanna rub em down while they are on then just be carefull and the mask up the surroundin area ahen u spray.
bobothebear

7th Mar 03 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found just jacking the car up gave you good enough acccess into the wheel arch to get em off. But they are abit of a bugger. Bit of Brute force is needed.
cruzin corsa

7th Mar 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks lads for the help looks like i have a bit of a job ahead of me i will more than likely take em off an give them a good rub down and a good few coats of primer to prevent them from chipping a gain.

New Poll