corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yestardays new mod

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yestardays new mod
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
30th Dec 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a 6k HID kit off a member on CCUK and fit it yesterday, and today recieved my new numberplate bulbs, so whacked them in too.

Home made ramp and lights before

After

And new numberplate bulbs, had single white LED, but wasnt as bright as i wanted and it shone more to one side with how it sits in the lamp, so got some with 5 LED's on
Before

After

What you think?
Rich H

30th Dec 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much better

Standard bulbs and projector lights are utter toss, projector lights and HIDs are ace. I had an 8K kit in mine and it used to pass MOTs etc easily enough too which was a bonus!
AndyCorsaSport

30th Dec 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT's are shit hate going round the car changing all the bulbs again, take the blue ones out of main beam, take the LED sidelights out, ball ache. My usual MOT place ive always used passed my B with depo's and HID's, no projecters etc.
davieslim

30th Dec 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted a set of 8k's to a corsa last week, did you fit better full beam bulbs? as this car looked silly, super bright headlights then full beam was off yellow lol
AndyCorsaSport

30th Dec 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The origional bulbs you see in the top 2 pics, are like tinted blue, and cause main beam and full beam are both H7's i just took them out the main beam and put them in full beam, so they shine white too, just not as bright as the HID's. just need some for the fogs now cause there still yellow.
SXI - Matt

30th Dec 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you finding he 6k's? Iv got ultra 8k hid's but thinking of getting the 4.5k or 6k because the current one's look bright but arent overaly bright when driving compared to my dad's range rover thats got factory ones fitted? Also your main bulbs blue tinted or is it the mirror in the lamp? Sorry for essay mate car's looking good
Warren G

30th Dec 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 4.3k, and 6k, didnt like 6k for driving, you see better with a yellow light it seems

SXI - Matt

30th Dec 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was 4.5k yellow i no the lower the number the more bright they are but kinda want bright white and good sight mine are pretty blue being 8k and to be honest if i turn my main's off and have fogs on there not much differnece apart form colour and dont shine as far maybe even brighter

[Edited on 30-12-2009 by SXI - Matt]
taylorboosh

30th Dec 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
i had 4.3k, and 6k, didnt like 6k for driving, you see better with a yellow light it seems

more natural?
AndyCorsaSport

30th Dec 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
How you finding he 6k's? Iv got ultra 8k hid's but thinking of getting the 4.5k or 6k because the current one's look bright but arent overaly bright when driving compared to my dad's range rover thats got factory ones fitted? Also your main bulbs blue tinted or is it the mirror in the lamp? Sorry for essay mate car's looking good

I had 8k's on my old B, thought they were too blue, so thats why i went for 6ks this time, like them driving, brighter anyway.

And yeah the main beam bulb is a blue bulb, and its just reflecting off the mirror in the lamp

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yestardays new mod 22 database queries in 0.0090280 seconds