corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Classifieds ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Classifieds ...
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anyone else annoyed by the amount of multiple threads in the for sale section, all from the same person.

Isnt there a way people can only make 1 topic, and post everything in the one.

Sorry if no one cares, just pisses me off.
MarkSport

2nd Jan 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo classifieds went downhill when people started doubting peoples price and stuff then spamming the posts making no replies possible on cars...
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is annoying, and it would make sense to put it all in one thread but at the minute we don't really have a policy on the amount of threads someone can have, it's been discussed before nothing has come of it.

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by DannyB]
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, it just bugs me when either
A) Your selling something and it disappears off the 1st page within 3 minutes because someones posted 40 topics.

B) Your looking for something and give up because of all the shite.

My local site has a tempelate for the classifieds that has to be followed, then each topic is locked after posting to prevent spamming etc.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They locked the 'cars offered' forum because of that I think, people bumping threads all the time. If it happened too much in 'parts offered' then I think someothing would be said, but it's usually other people bumping them when they reply and not the thread maker.
jaffa

2nd Jan 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
They locked the 'cars offered' forum because of that I think, people bumping threads all the time. If it happened too much in 'parts offered' then I think someothing would be said, but it's usually other people bumping them when they reply and not the thread maker.

think there was also way too many 'its not worth that much' type posts that always detracted from the original post.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was way before my time then but I can imagine how annoying that would be, we don't allow that anyway in the remaining forums and we say something if people do that but we can't always reply to every thread.
MarkSport

2nd Jan 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jaffa
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

think there was also way too many 'its not worth that much' type posts that always detracted from the original post.

Yeah it was due to that reason iirc. does my head in when people spam the posts
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jan 10 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
imo classifieds went downhill when people started doubting peoples price and stuff then spamming the posts making no replies possible on cars...
It went down hill in 1999? Or are you making that up?
MarkSport

2nd Jan 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no .sorry,must be making no sense at all.i mean when people say "it's not worth that" etc when its a forsale thread
Callum

2nd Jan 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What pisses me off is that there shouldnt be anyone posting in "disputes" people should be honest and respect the tust of others, life isnt like that though.
Anty
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I admit i do multible threads, but what pisses me off is... oh i got mine cheaper.. threads like that are not helpful !! when trying to make a sale.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 10 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally don't mind multiple threads. It makes browsing easier.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty
what pisses me off is... oh i got mine cheaper.. threads like that are not helpful !! when trying to make a sale.

If that happens then U2U someone to deal with it, we can't look through every reply in every thread, it's impossible. I do spend a lot of time in there though.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 10 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, it certainly needs reporting - rule 6 - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=303515
Anty
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill bear that in mind.. nice to know theres help avaible
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport89 seems to be doing it a lot and it's quite annoying What's wrong with one thread? Keep it all together and make everyone's lives easier. Plus nothing has pics.

[/rant]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
bigjim172000

7th Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldnt be so bad but when there can be alot of threads to read it takes ages, especially if looking for just one or two parts,

What happened to the search function?
am4nf

7th Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive u2u'd him

search function is for premium members

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by am4nf]
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only premium members can use the search function at the moment because it is being re-written.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam you gay

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
bigjim172000

7th Jan 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Only premium members can use the search function at the moment because it is being re-written.

Oh right, oh well, might have to go premium for the mo, that would make 3 different forums im premium on lol
RS6

7th Jan 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what makes me laugh are the dodgey usernames that join up just to post a forsale ad they never use the forum

They post one line adverts that they think people class as a 'full description' plus no photos of the car just a dodgey mobile number for some bloke called gazza

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Classifieds ... 23 database queries in 0.0755551 seconds