corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Octavia VRS's - Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Octavia VRS's - Help
Pridzz

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its the wrong forum. But due to alot of owners on here actully owning VAG cars. Im wanting to no the things to look out for on these. Hopfully the Rallye will be going next weekend.
Seen a 51 plated VRS in yellow with 51k miles FSH t&t, Only problem is that the Remote Central Locking does not currently work, and aparntly will cost £80 for Skoda to repair the key fob
Its up for £3000 ono which seems abit cheap. Views please?
Rich H

3rd Jan 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to Mr Flybikes.
Fro

3rd Jan 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too sure about the remote central locking, if you know anyone with VAG-COM they may be able to bring up the faults if it has registered any.

Will be an AUQ engine which is the same as in my anni. Good engines which are solid if looked after. Usual problems are coil packs (although I've only had one go in 2 years)

If it has climate control check that both fans spin at a low speed if you set it to 'lo' and full speed on the panel. If not then the low speed resistors have blown and you should be able to get some more money off the price as new fans are are at least 150+. But you can get a mod for the blown resistors so wouldnt cost you that to fix

If you go for it then get the cambelt and waterpump changed if they havn't already as some 1.8ts had a water pump with a plastic impellor which have been known to fail. Replacement pump should have a metal one.

Only things I can think of atm. Not sure how much they go for usually but being a skoda (which isn't a bad things these days they are usually cheaper than the other marques i.e VW/Audi) If i think of anything else i'll post up.
Ben J

3rd Jan 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taxis.
_Allan_

3rd Jan 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro has covered most of it. Lee will help you our if he sees this thread. Or sign up to Briskoda for lots of info.
As Ben has said, loads are used as Taxis but at 51K on a 51 plate. I doubt it has been. Key fob shouldn't cost too much to sort. It's usually in the owners manual on how to recode it back to the car.
If not you can find somone on the forums close by who can scan and sort it for you.

[Edited on 03-01-2010 by _Allan_]
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price sounds reasonable - the Mk1s don't seem to be selling for a massive amount anyway.
antnee

3rd Jan 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price is about right for the milage.
Like all 1.8t's common problems are mafs and coilpacks going, and the other odd sensor going
Anty
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt they do 1.6s?
deano87

3rd Jan 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How cheap?!

Sounds like a bargain to me. A lot of car for the money.
John

3rd Jan 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an 8 year old car, as much as I like Skoda's, what's so surprising about the price?
Anty
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive seen a few fabias for less than 2k
John

3rd Jan 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's that got to do with the price of cheese?
deano87

3rd Jan 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's an 8 year old car, as much as I like Skoda's, what's so surprising about the price?

I have been looking at other cars the same price, as they don't compare. i.e. Corollas and Fiestas.
flybikeslee

3rd Jan 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid 3800 for mine with 76k on a 53 plate, full skoda history with the cambelt waterpump and 4 new tyres just done, great cars. dont let the badge put you off at all and ignore the haters. if you were closer id have taken you for a spin to give you a better idea of what one is like, doesnt handle like a bit car but the arse can be a bit twitchy but a bigger arb will sort that out. motors are plenty tunable and available throughout the range of vags etc. anything specific you wanna know just holla
Pridzz

3rd Jan 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the help. Very usful. Here is the link anyway.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/classifieds/1400477.htm
antnee

3rd Jan 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty
didnt they do 1.6s?

Yes, like in most cars that size. They aren't a VRs though.
Gez G

3rd Jan 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought an 02 plate Octy VRS with 84k, 2 owners and full Skoda SH for £2680 - it was advertised for £3200, only needed a tyre.
corsa_nation

4th Jan 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are good cars. HUGE boot!! Mine is on 104k, had it on 78k - Its had 4 coil packs changed, and a stage 1 remap but other than that no problems at all. As flybikeslee says: they have huge tuning potential. They're also an excellent motorway cruiser- comfortable, spacious and I think they look cool standard too!
flybikeslee

7th Jan 10 at 03:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah boots are pretty hugeeeeeeee

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Octavia VRS's - Help 22 database queries in 0.1736860 seconds