corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Great North Run 2010

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Great North Run 2010
M2RTY

User status: Offline
5th Jan 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else going in for the ballot?

Good motivation to get fit in the new year if you can get a place

Going for sub 20 this year which I would be chuffed with as I'm not built for running!

9 months and counting...
Matt L

5th Jan 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I signed up for a half marathon in march god knows what i was thinking as i've only bin for a run a few times but gives me something to aim for.
Lynny

5th Jan 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing it. My grandad died just before christmas so doing it in his memory to raise money for cancer research.
M2RTY

5th Jan 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to run for guidedogs again

I'll wave when you pass me lol
M2RTY

5th Jan 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
I signed up for a half marathon in march god knows what i was thinking as i've only bin for a run a few times but gives me something to aim for.

takes a good 6 months of training for me, thats after i got my fitness to a good level lol
Matt L

5th Jan 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the site reconed training from november onwards (but i imagin it assumes your already doing excercise etc) but i can already do what it asks on the first months worth of training so not massivley behind on it, just need to get rid of this slight cold and for the roads to be less icey and i cant start training.
Lynny

5th Jan 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do a lot of training/running for work, still think I'll collapse half way through! Quite a few from work did it last year
richardworrall
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did last years GNR, just entered the ballot also for this year. Go running two or three times a week at that distance each time. Am doing Stamford 30k in Feb, the Kilomaton 26k (Nottm to Derby) in March and then the Stratford marathon in April.
Its hard work but well worth the effort.
Shelly
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sister is doing it I think

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Great North Run 2010 22 database queries in 0.1519082 seconds