corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE Cutting Out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Cutting Out
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another problem with the XE When I was coming home the other day I noticed it slightly hesitating at random times, and idling a bit funny. When I got home and left it for a couple of hours, I went to start it and it'd fire up, but the revs would die and it would cut out almost instantly. If I were to use the accel I could keep the revs up for a bit but it would splutter before dying anyway. I've replaced the AFM today, to no avail. Anything else I should replace? Could it be the ICV?
Kevxx

15th Jan 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Icv would cause an iratic idle.
the symptoms your giving is what happens when your AFM isn't working oddly:/

Tried starting without, then with AFM attached? It seems to be air related mate.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll try that Tomorrow after my nightshift It's a pain in the arse that's what it is! Fucking RR day on Sunday
Kevxx

15th Jan 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the wire that plugs into AFM, often they split or get wet.

I've got a spare ..all of that, including a throttle bodie, its attached just now but if you need it i'll whip it off for you mate.
Check your fuel rail, see fuel is passing through fine, fairly sure its air though mate.

New Poll