corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sony Ericsson Satio or Nokia N900

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sony Ericsson Satio or Nokia N900
22B

User status: Offline
21st Jan 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right after another bit of bartering with orange, they have basically offered me my current contract which is near enough £20 a month, including insurance, unlimited texts, 200 mins and they have added unlimited data but the only phone they have that I want is the Satio but they also want £100. I tried to get a deal on an iphone but they wont budge on the set tariffs.

Now I know thats a very good deal, but Im still tempted by the N900, I can get a deal on Vodafone for £25 a month, + £10 for the phone, 600 mins, unlimited text and 500mb data but no insurance.

Help me folks, think I can still push orange further and get a bit more out of them, but which phone is the better of the 2?.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Jan 10 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates got the sony and is pissed off with it, just annoying thins like texting takes years he is getting the n900 now

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
22B

21st Jan 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
my mates got the sony and is pissed off with it, just annoying thins like texting takes years he is getting the n900 now

I ideally want the n900, but the orange deal with the satio works out £100 a year cheaper even after buying the phone for £100, orange are also not stocking any N series phones for the foreseeable future which is a bit gay.

My friend had a satio and said he couldnt get on with it also, maybe have to switch to Vodafone and take the hit in the wallet for a slightly better phone.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Jan 10 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed, never had any probs with vodafone

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
BarnshaW

21st Jan 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm, i got the n900 other day on vodafone, 30 quid a month and you get like 600 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet and 3 months free insurance.
22B

21st Jan 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
umm, i got the n900 other day on vodafone, 30 quid a month and you get like 600 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet and 3 months free insurance.

I want the n900 but not sure if its worth £200 more than the Satio over the course of 2 years, Im a tightwad with my money so always like to get the best deal possible.

Just found some great deals on the Satio online, Some working out for £410 for 2 years, including free phone, unlimited text and data and 600 mins. Thats £25 a month with 15 months half price line rental, so you only pay 9 months at £25 out of the 24 months.
Richardhhha

22nd Jan 10 at 02:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the satio got recalled and places like phones 4 u and carphone wearhouse had stopped selling them as they continuesly break..

they are packed with goodies like touch screen, tilt sensor, i player ect and they are easy enough to use once your used to them plus its got one of the best cameras on the market.

i have a satio, had it for 3 months and its duffed, wireless internet would turn itself off, kept turning itself off, battery would only last half a day even on stand-by (no aps or back ground stuff ether) it would keep saying the simcard isnt installed, the touch screen would stop working,, sent it away for repair got it back, internet still turning itself off randomly, battery got worse and the camera button had collapsed on one side..

i take good care of my phone it hasn't once been dropoed, banged, or scratched and it breaks so easely so get the n900
lil_g

22nd Jan 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
the satio got recalled and places like phones 4 u and carphone wearhouse had stopped selling them as they continuesly break..

This is true but Orange were late to bring out the Satio as they were cautious with their branded software being put on it. Had no problems with ours and we didn't even need to recall them

New Poll