corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2 subs and battery

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2 subs and battery
16vJamie

User status: Offline
26th Jan 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I current have a 1000w sub and amp wired into my car.

I want to buy a 3200w sub and amp but dont know if to remove my old sub, or keep it in as there is room so I could have the 2 subs in?

Would this ruin the battery life?
steven_r2008

26th Jan 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're getting something with that much output i would recommend purchasing a Power Cap aswell. this takes some of the strain off of the battery and alternator
Mobby

26th Jan 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Derv battery worked wonders when i had two subs
steven_r2008

26th Jan 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mobby
Derv battery worked wonders when i had two subs

yeah the batteries should be fine. however with something of that power (never mind the other sub) you will notice the lights dim (including dash lights) quite a bit. a power cap draws power from the battery and stores it, giving the alternator chance to recharge the battery before the next lot of power is drawn to the cap (i think thats how it works anyway). all i know is that having a power cap seriously helps the battery. i would also recommend you install a second wiring kit for the new sub aswell, as a few people just run 2 amps off of a single power lead . . . leading to failure .

even if you remove the old sub and but the 3200W beast in there i would recommend making sure the current wiring kit can cope with that sort of current going through it. otherwise you may find yourself involuntarily extinguishing a fire (worst case scenario)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2 subs and battery 22 database queries in 0.3575130 seconds