corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 SRI Cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 SRI Cutting out
Foster16v

User status: Offline
27th Jan 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, new on here thought if anyone knew what to do it would be you,

i drove through a puddle a couple of months ago, i say puddle it was basically a small swimming pool! and a few hours later the speedo stopped working and when you pressed the clutch in the engine cuts out. This is almost every time when you come to a stop or slowing down for a junction.

ive herd it could be the vss but i havent a clue where it is or how to remove it, the speedos cable driven checked that and that isnt turning either.

Im sick of looking at it now and need to know how i can fix it or if anyone has any pictures of the engine bay with the vss showing.

If anyone can help that would be mint

Cheeeeeers
AlexW

27th Jan 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That points to the VSS yes, Its right at the back of the gearbox on top of the diff. Its eather fallen off, or its broken inside.

Your just have to remove it. Haynes manual might help.
Foster16v

27th Jan 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that where the speedo cable goes in? if so ive found that but nothin else
Foster16v

29th Jan 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeeeeesus! Finally got it done spending all day on it! took me 2 hours to just get the speed sensor out the gear box awkward ittle sod, turned out it wasnt the sensor but the cable was none existant and had snapped right above the sensor! havent even finished the little sucker yet still have to connect the cable to the back of the clocks wich is a royal pain in the arse no room to move at all!!!!!!

New Poll