corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » sleep paralysis

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sleep paralysis
K2 GTi

User status: Offline
28th Jan 10 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone suffer this?

happened to my bro a month ago, we were just about to go sleep and he told me it happened to him last night.. so i was paranoid just trying to sleep and he said it just happened again. He was paralysed in his bed and could hear voices and not speak.

It can lead to sudden death i read, and now im scared of letting him go sleep....

anyone else suffer this? Or heard of it?
GF-91
Banned

28th Jan 10 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure I've seen something on TV about it.

Google it and see if they say if to go to a doctor about it or whatevers.
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jan 10 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never heard it can lead to sudden death, but I get it alot. You wake up and you realise you're awake but you can't move or sometimes even breath, you have to really try to do either. It's quite scary actually but you soon come round.
lostboy
Banned

28th Jan 10 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, I read this as I'm just about to head off to bed, if I die in my sleep I'll haunt you for ever.

No I've never heard of this and never suffered from it, sleep apnoea is something I have experience before.
Paul_J

28th Jan 10 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had something like this when i was a kid once, couldn't open my eyes, move or anything.

I remember lying there thinking, I want to wake up now... I want to open my eyes and get out of bed now Tried to call for my mum and couldn't.

P.S. not had anything like this recently / for years... Although I now do have wrestless nights and have been told that I sleep talk / sometimes start acting out my dreams in my bed a bit.

[Edited on 28-01-2010 by Paul_J]
MarkSport

28th Jan 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I get it alot. You wake up and you realise you're awake but you can't move or sometimes even breath

I think i have this.I was up like panting and having hot sweats but cant move....i have to try calm myself o get back to sleep.
Cosmo

You sure he wasnt just dreaming it was happening then woke up after thinking it was real?
K2 GTi

yeah, he said the first time it happened a month ago he could hear tapping and banging coming up the stairs and then see shadows and hear voices but can't move. Its freaked me out proper style i cant sleep for shit now staying awake till work at 8.. trying to make him not go work and go doctors
JM Curdy

28th Jan 10 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use to get this, only reason i cud tell it was real was my mobile ringing, and coming round from it and having missed calls, really horrible and a scary thing. never heard about dying from it though
JM Curdy

28th Jan 10 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
yeah, he said the first time it happened a month ago he could hear tapping and banging coming up the stairs and then see shadows and hear voices but can't move. Its freaked me out proper style i cant sleep for shit now staying awake till work at 8.. trying to make him not go work and go doctors

yeah you get a heavy dose of the fear, constantly thinking someones there and trying to scream or move as much as possible
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jan 10 at 01:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never experienced the bad dreams part of it though, that might be a seperate thing.
Paul_J

28th Jan 10 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, several of the stages of your sleep cycle paralyse you. It's a natural occurance.

However, it must just be as the 2 cycles cross over and you become aware of your surroundings but are still stuck in the other state of mind.
JM Curdy

28th Jan 10 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use to get it most when my sleeping patterns were getting changed far too regularly, and lack of sleep
K2 GTi

28th Jan 10 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, is it bad i don't dare sleep and have to have the light on now :/. Should i tell him not to go work and go doctors? It was only half our ago he told me it happened to him last night... which put me on edge then when he shouted me saying it just happened again its freaked me out.
JM Curdy

28th Jan 10 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still say to this day, it was some of the scariest shit i went through
K2 GTi

28th Jan 10 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its scary me thinking about what he said. He's asleep now but breathing heavy, how do i know if its not happening again? Should you wake someone or push them if you think they having one?
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jan 10 at 01:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh mate there's nothing the doctors can give him to sort it out, I wouldn't worry though mate, I was just having a look and Sudden death syndrome isn't directly linked to sleep paralysis, it's not linked to anything, it could happen to anyone at any time.
K2 GTi

28th Jan 10 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, just scared for him really i'd hate to be going through it. Staying awake till work at 8 cant sleep for shit now
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jan 10 at 01:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously mate I wouldn't worry, your body naturally wakes you up. Sometimes I wake up and can't breath but after a few seconds or so I'll get my breath back, your body fights against anything shutting down.
K2 GTi

28th Jan 10 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, im scared of nothing in life but this shit. im a paranoid sleeper, like if someone walks and talks in there sleep it shits me up, because they're not all there if you get me??
MatthewR

28th Jan 10 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes i have to go in my bro's room to turn the tv down, if he wakes up he has n idea who i am or wtf i am doing in his room LOL
Generation

28th Jan 10 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading this has freaked me out abit, never known about this or anyone to have it.
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jan 10 at 02:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's pretty common I think, I've only been getting it the last few years and it isn't that often, maybe once or twice a month.
Generation

28th Jan 10 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Common Can i be brought on by anything suh as constantly thinking about it during the day and when you're trying to sleep
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jan 10 at 02:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably down to stress, lack of sleep or a change in sleep pattern. But then again it could be neither.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » sleep paralysis 22 database queries in 0.0145161 seconds