corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How basic can a car be to pass an MOT?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How basic can a car be to pass an MOT?
Matt H

User status: Offline
29th Jan 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Literally, how basic can a car be?

Do you need doors? Boot? Windscreen?

I remember ages ago talking to a mechanic & he was saying at the place where you take MOT examiner tests they have a cra with no headlights, windscreen wipers, windscreen...and it was legal. It's just a case of if the car has it, it must work

Thoughts? Any funny examples?
x14xe sport

29th Jan 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can imagine a kit car with no windscreen or wipers but surly nothing should pass with no headlights, but saying that my motorcoss bike does but its for day time use only
AndyKent

29th Jan 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you're probably best off asking a place locally that you could take it to.

Seems to me that almost every MOT station has different takes on the regs. You just need to find someone who doesn't give a shit about what they pass
sand-eel

29th Jan 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can be very basic, but must pass an sva test, think the bare minimum for a daytime mot is rear brake lights and a fog light, don't need indicators as you can use hand signals, but if a car was origionally fitted with lights indicators they have to work, but if this car has the lights fitted already but you only want a daytime mot the lights have to be covered to show its a daytime one.
Tiger

29th Jan 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old splitty had no seatbelts, passed MOT.
Rich H

29th Jan 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get an "MOT" if it's just a technicality for the scrappage scheme.

ie. bolt a few bits on then pay somebody to "look the car over" in return for some cash and you get an MOT certificate?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How basic can a car be to pass an MOT? 22 database queries in 0.0092151 seconds