corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Why is my corsa so bad on petrol?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why is my corsa so bad on petrol?
X10XEPOWER

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you're thinking, because im young i floor it everywhere but nope. I put in £10 at 112.9 a litre just for the purpose of seeing how many miles i could get of careful driving. It done 50, and i worked that out to 25mpg. But yesterday, i had it plugged into the diagnostics at college and saw that the mass air flow metre was showing as an error, and i found that out to be air leak between the throttle housing and the air filter top box, and another air leak on the top box hose that goes to the air filter. I fixed these leaks and have been driving all day yesterday but it still seems to be crap on petrol! any other ideas why? Thanks

Is a 1.0 by the way

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by X10XEPOWER]
Ricky352

3rd Feb 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might sound stupuid but one of my cars was leaking from the fuel filter and i didnt notice for ages because it only leaked when the car was running.

Police man pointed it out actually lol. So have a look underneath while its running if you havent already
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 8v did around 29mpg, small car means you generally have to rev harder to get to the same speed that a larger engine would achieve in less time and less power. To put it in perspective my 207hp A3 1.8Turbo is currently getting 42.5mpg for exactly the same driving and routes
Steveocee

3rd Feb 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This may sound stupid but........
Try filling it by the litre, not by the £.
The price is variable, stick say 20 litres in and see how many miles you get and compare it week by week by that.
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve's got the right idea tbh I don't get why people say "I get this many miles to £xx" as the price changes whereas a litre is a litre

Anyway, see if the AFM still comes up as an error because they are prone to going on these engines. I replaced mine, it takes literally a couple of minutes and the meter was about £112 from a motor factors. Don't get ripped off by Vaux at £200 a go!

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
sc0ott

3rd Feb 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously? i got mines from fleebay for around £30 i think.
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was genuine Bosh and brand new in the box though. You never know with eBay if it'll actually be brand new or not.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
sc0ott

3rd Feb 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

came in the box and packaging etc with the brand on the box. it even looked and smelt new. defo wasnt a clean up version.

New Poll