corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Leaking oil

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leaking oil
sc0ott

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, here are some pics of where all the oil sems to be,

this pic is upside down. what you see is the coolant temp sensor next to the heat shield and at the top is actually the ground

I checked my level tonight and i was pretty much dry on the dipstick. I have no idea where its coming from and i have filled the oil back up, started the car and let it tick over for a few minutes but couldnt see any oil leaking out anywhere.
where the drops have fallen on to the ground its more or less to the left of the manifold and not where you drain the oil so the nut is fine.
any ideas where?

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by sc0ott]
sc0ott

4th Feb 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if this helps, where the oil seems to be on the ground it looks as if its coming from around the coolant temp sensor area?
johnhara1

4th Feb 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your whole bottom end looks caked in oil and shit from those photos! Get it jet-washed off so you can then monitor it for leaks.

You shouldn't have OIL coming from a CTS sensor, are you sure it's oil and not coolant which is then getting contaminated once it runs down the block?

Clean it all first then find your leak.

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by johnhara1]
sc0ott

4th Feb 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its not oil coming from the CTS but it seems to be below that where the drips are, and TBH it doesnt look as thik as oil when its on the ground, just the same colour. there is a chance it could be coolant as the CTS has been covered in what looks to be coolant, lol, (around the outside of it as if its been leaking.) and the coolant pipes leading to the engine have splashes on them which isnt oil.
the car has also been, how could i describe it, basically in heavy traffic when im travelling at clutch control speeds and when i speed up it seems to have dead spots.
do you think this could be a fucked CTS?

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by sc0ott]

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by sc0ott]
sc0ott

5th Feb 10 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can the oil be coming from? any ideas?

its defo not coming from the sump nut thing, or between the rocker cover. it seems to be somewhere around the bottom region of the engine block. whats the possibilites? cheers
Generation

5th Feb 10 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Your whole bottom end looks caked in oil and shit from those photos! Get it jet-washed off so you can then monitor it for leaks.

Clean it all first then find your leak.

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by johnhara1]
sc0ott

5th Feb 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was asking for other possibilities so when i power wash all the crap off i can focus on certain areas. keep your useless posts to yourself.
sc0ott

5th Feb 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could well be a leaking oil pressure switch actually
grez12

6th Feb 10 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
it could well be a leaking oil pressure switch actually

i had this tuesday i parked up and see smoke pouring out so i grabbed the fire extinguisher poped the bonnet and there was oil everywhere shit me pants as i couldnt see where it was coming from got it to the garage and it cost £15inc fitting+VAT bargain ! ! ! !

New Poll