corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » :( - Update its even worse than I first thought

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author :( - Update its even worse than I first thought
Rob E

User status: Offline
4th Feb 10 at 04:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just come home from a night out to discover a smashed window on my car and a smashed ignition cowell...luckily nothing has been stolen but still need a to replace a window and ignition trim Annoyed now as before I left the house this evening, I wanted to try and move the car closer to the house (was about 10 doors down from my place of residence) but there were no free parking spaces

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by Rob E]
Wrighty

4th Feb 10 at 04:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

piss take, cant leave anything anywhere these days yet if you tell the popo they wont do anything
Rob E

4th Feb 10 at 04:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me about it I have reported it, they are coming to inspect the car in the morning but there is absolutely no point as its been raining here tonight and they wont be able to get jack shit from it
sc0ott

4th Feb 10 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

similar happened to me although my stereo got nicked. if the junkie cunts looked harder they would have found my spare car key in my bag on the back seat and the stereo remote in the glove box. they kindly enough left the brick on the passenger seat though
22B

4th Feb 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
tell me about it I have reported it, they are coming to inspect the car in the morning but there is absolutely no point as its been raining here tonight and they wont be able to get jack shit from it

I used to live in Swansea when I went to uni there, I never had any problems but a lot of cars on my street were always getting broke into, would always be a new smashed window, or bent door on the walk over. I lived in the Mount Pleasant area, on Cromwell street, it was known around there for being bad for car crime.
Rob E

4th Feb 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just on woodlands terrace just of constitution hill, next row down from cromwell street. My car was parked right at the end of the street about 5 metres away from constitution hill which is probably why it was targeted. Im just glad they didnt get anything as I had my old corsa broken into down here 18 months ago and they got off with all my photography gear
Gareth F

4th Feb 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my old car i left my window fully open, probs never got broken into as i didnt even noticed it untill i got in it.
Boils my piss when poeple do things like this though
All Torque

4th Feb 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sucks mate.
Rob E

4th Feb 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the police have just been....my ignition barrel is fucked along with the steering lock and the car now wont start at all The forenzics woman said there was loads of attempted car theft last night in the area. On a plus side there was a fresh fingerprint found on wrecked steering column trim but i doubt anything will come of it
22B

4th Feb 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im just on woodlands terrace just of constitution hill, next row down from cromwell street. My car was parked right at the end of the street about 5 metres away from constitution hill which is probably why it was targeted. Im just glad they didnt get anything as I had my old corsa broken into down here 18 months ago and they got off with all my photography gear

I know it well, I was right on the end of cromwell street next to constitution hill when I lived there, never forget walking up that hill with all my laundry, what a killer

Heard a few stories about someone being stabbed just by constitution hill after being carjacked, dont know how true it isind.

Always remember coming home one day and finding the front door covered in blood, was a grim sight and never did find out what caused it.

Was a good place to live, 5 minute walk to the Uni and always had time to stop in the cosy cafe before lectures
Robin
Premium Member

4th Feb 10 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky they smashed the window though Rob, cheaper than a mohair hood mate.
Lynny

4th Feb 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well the police have just been....my ignition barrel is fucked along with the steering lock and the car now wont start at all The forenzics woman said there was loads of attempted car theft last night in the area. On a plus side there was a fresh fingerprint found on wrecked steering column trim but i doubt anything will come of it

Have faith, if their prints are on record they might get a match!
fir3vip3r

4th Feb 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
piss take, cant leave anything anywhere these days yet if you tell the popo they wont do anything

what do you propose the police do?

if forensics have been and got a fingerprint, hopefully the guy will have his dna on file!
Adam_B

4th Feb 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:

In that situation if they catch the fucktard thats done it, do they make them pay for damages/repairs?
Lynny

4th Feb 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
quote:

In that situation if they catch the fucktard thats done it, do they make them pay for damages/repairs?

You can put in a compensation claim through CICA...(criminal injuries)
Nath

4th Feb 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a slightly less related note my boss got compo when his mountain bike was nicked and they caught the guy. He now gets a cheque for £1.25 through every month. Every month for 10 years
Lynny

4th Feb 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it's as much as they can afford to pay....£1.25 per month is high!
Rob E

4th Feb 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sod that, I would rather they just have their testicles removed to prevent them bringing more little scum bags into the world.

Good news - Ive managed to get her running so she is going home to North Wales tomorrow until I have all the required parts to put it back together. A couple of members of mx5nutz.com have been brilliant and offered me free replacement doors etc.

Im not looking forward to trying to get the new window in though...looks like a fun job!
taylorboosh

4th Feb 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah it's as much as they can afford to pay....£1.25 per month is high!

i thought you got it all at once then they paid back like a loan

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » :( - Update its even worse than I first thought 22 database queries in 0.0149140 seconds