corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Productivity when using a computer connected to the internet?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Productivity when using a computer connected to the internet?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
10th Feb 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is everyone's productivity like when they're on a computer connected to the internet?

Mine is shockingly bad I've got so much work to do, yet I find myself on here, facebook, twitter or youtube every 2 minutes

It's like I have A.D.D / Will Doyle Disorder.

I'll literally close this window, open up my work, stare at it for about 20 seconds and then think 'hmm, maybe I've received some more emails'... Then off I go to check my emails, then facebook, twitter etc...

Any advice to stop myself? I find even if I disconnect myself from the net, I still hit the browser button every few mins
John

10th Feb 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get a notification on my screen and my phone when I get an email which negates the need to check.

CS is the bane of my life when i need to get something done though.
Paul_J

10th Feb 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I get a notification on my screen and my phone when I get an email which negates the need to check.

CS is the bane of my life when i need to get something done though.

I have favourites stuck all along the top of my browser... So once I open a browser it's game over, I just go from left to right opening up a new page for each.

Twitter -> CS -> Facebook -> Yahoo Mail -> Tech Crunch -> Reg -> BBC News - > S2KI -> Youtube

By the time I've finished checking the last one, there's loads more stuff posted on the first one
JonnyJ

10th Feb 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is me.
AndyKent

10th Feb 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here Paul

I get a day off work a week at home to study and to make sure I get a decent amount done I have to physically remove the ethernet cable from the router so I don't drift onto the net.

Otherwise like you I'll type a couple of sentances, open up Chrome to research something but pick CS instead. So annoying
AlunJ

10th Feb 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually come on the internet/computer with a certain task to do, which then gets overidden by checking e-mails, facebook, cs, other forums, by which time I've forgotten what I wanted to do
Simon

10th Feb 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am having this exact problem, been trying to write a fairly short essay for few days now, if i had no internet it could be done in a few hours especially bad when there is football on and have to keep checking bbc
Butler

10th Feb 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guilty.
Carl

10th Feb 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine's the same.
Paul_J

10th Feb 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck sake I've still not looked at my work since making this post what's wrong with me I gotta have this done for tommorrow...
Paul_J

10th Feb 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Same here Paul

I get a day off work a week at home to study and to make sure I get a decent amount done I have to physically remove the ethernet cable from the router so I don't drift onto the net.

Otherwise like you I'll type a couple of sentances, open up Chrome to research something but pick CS instead. So annoying

lol that's pretty much what happened to me today, was working from home ... now thinking shit 9:30pm and i need to get some shit done...

The worst is that I'll trawl the net for a while... finally get bored and not find anything new...

Then think 'Right... before I get started, I'll make a drink, go to toilet and get some food' ... then I'll sit down and the first thing I'll do? Open up a browser doh!
ed

10th Feb 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I check my emails at 8 when I get in, at lunch and then before I go home. I tend to only browse the web if I'm having lunch at my desk.
Hammer

10th Feb 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be terrible but I've been far better recently. I'd be in my pit earlier if it wasn't for the net right enough.
DaveyLC

10th Feb 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get more done as it keeps me in front of the computer i.e. I dont normally bother going out for lunch and I dont end up dissapearing off to mince about when im sick of staring at work.
Cosmo

10th Feb 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, CS and a few football websites are the reason I dont get half as much work done as I should.
pow
Premium Member

10th Feb 10 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amen
Nismo

10th Feb 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

I'll literally close this window, open up my work, stare at it for about 20 seconds and then think 'hmm, maybe I've received some more emails'... Then off I go to check my emails, then facebook, twitter etc...

I have exactly the same problem!
oceansoul

10th Feb 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im the same lol im slightly better at work, where FB, youtube etc are banned. Still spend way too much time on here though
Paul_J

11th Feb 10 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the fuck am i doing back on here when I've got so much work to do

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Productivity when using a computer connected to the internet? 22 database queries in 0.0165300 seconds