corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1989 Kawasaki ZXR400 (H)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1989 Kawasaki ZXR400 (H)
dannymccann

User status: Offline
15th Feb 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Kawasaki
Model - ZXR400 (H)
Engine - 400cc
Mileage - 36000 KM
Price - £995 ono

Location - Lincoln / LN6
Contact phone number - 07928597587 (I work 830/430 weekdays)
Contact email address - mccann_daniel@yahoo.co.uk

General information -

First off, genuine reason for sale is we are buying a house so need all the money we can get and I am also moving to a property lacking a garage.

Ive owned this bike since I passed my restricted license around 8 months ago, I have the V5 for the new buyer and the current MOT slip. There aren't any receipts unfortunately so you will have to take my word on the work that has been done!

Picked it up from Beverley outside Hull from a chap who rode mostly R6's, R1's and a Fireblade. Since Ive owned it Ive put about 6000km give or take a few hundred over the months. In this time its had the following work done to it -

- Valve clearances done, head gasket changed (inspection item around 30k, couldnt guarantee it had been done so had it done at the same time while the engine was apart for clearances, it hadnt failed), filters and fluids changed, cam chain tensioner checked and adjusted, temp sensor for radiator fan had failed so that was replaced (in traffic the fan now spins up at half temp, and its very efficient at cooling surprisingly), brake fluid was also replaced (still a nice light orangey/red colour in the bottle). This work was done before the cold snap so around 5 months ago / 3k km

- New tyres were put on within a month of ownership, Pirelli Diablo's front and rear. They have seen around 3k on the road

- One of the fairings has been replaced with an almost matching item, most important thing to me was that it was original plastic not fibreglass replica, which it is, the colours are the same but the font is slightly different, obviously cant tell if you only see one side of the bike. All the fixings for the fairings are still intact as well

- It has a motion sensing alarm under the rear seat, which works quite well and is loud enough to be heard a fair distance away, only 1 fob unfortunately as the previous owner misplaced the other

- 2 keys but due to the age of the bike if you need a replacement its a simple job of going to a key cutters, nothing special like an immob or anything to work around

- Starts well, even below freezing, but does require the choke on these cold mornings for about 20 seconds and then can be left idling without worry of stalling

- All the gears engage neatly, has never slipped a gear on me yet

- Hasnt used any oil since the last change as mentioned above, so will chuck in the rest of the 4l container of Silkolene semi-syn Ive got in the garage

- All the mirrors are very sturdy and provide very good visibility even at a good pace, vibration is minimised well

- All the electrics work - modifications to all the indicators include : fronts part-flushed to the fairing instead of the bulky black holders that usually come with this bike / rears are a sort of iridium finished lens but they are bloody bright so I have left them as it is, its nice to be seen!

- Standard exhaust pipe in good nick, as is the rest of the exhaust system, no noticeable blows. They come as standard with stainless steel on show and then behind the fairing I think its mild steel, but its held itself well so far

- All the pegs and bars etc are all original, standard and still going strong, none missing. Will include bobbins with the bike, if I get my asking price I will include my rear paddock as well, or can be negotiated when you get here

Thats about it for the good points, ill add anymore as I remember, apart from lubing the chain up every few weeks, it doesnt get used that much. Its kept garaged all the time. Think I also have 4 new spark plugs which will come with it, will have to dig them out first.

Bad points :

- It is 21 years old, so the frame could do with a lick of paint, but there is no rust on it just scratches

- Same with the paintwork, the odd scratch but no chunks out of the fairing needing filler, few spider cracks around mounts

- It does need looking after, it appreciates being left to idle for 5 minutes or so while you get your gear on after starting, its a much nicer ride when left to warm up properly

- The brakes are a little sticky at the minute due to me not riding it very often, every time I do take it out I try to clean them up a bit, but they work well and with everyday use will soon be fine

- Tax is 30/04 (£33 for the year) and MOT is a similar time as well, around about 2 months, as far as I can tell the major things such as head bearings are all fine (no knocking when going round corners), you are free to check if you have the know how

- Usual Kawasaki clutch rattle (comes from the bushes or something, its apparently a normal thing on even the newer bikes?), you can tell its this because on idle if you pull the clutch lever in it stops, and it doesnt do it when in gear

Think thats it then. On collection I have numerous items of motorbike clothing like lids, my Hein Gericke jacket with linings, textile trousers with linings, boots, gloves and visors, which is all negotiable for a price on collection if you want it, otherwise its going in the shed till it sells.

Any questions please ask, ill answer as honestly and informed as I can, you can request more pictures but this will depend on lighting as my best camera is my phone, but I will do my best.

Pictures -

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1989 Kawasaki ZXR400 (H) 24 database queries in 0.0090480 seconds