corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private plate help
MarkSport

User status: Offline
17th Feb 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

I'm planning on buying a private plate for the mg in march,all in with fee's it's £250.Thing is,my tax is up in april.could i buy it so a certificate then go down to dvla in april and do it all(tax car and register plate) on the day?
Colin

17th Feb 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just send in your tax & they issue a new disk with the new V5....if thats what you mean. When your tax is due is not relivant you only must have some!!
MarkSport

17th Feb 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok,Obviously with my tax running out in 2 months I'm thinking of waiting to put the plate on untill then....

what i mean is,If i bought the plate now,and it was on m,y car in 5 days.with only 2 months remaining what do they do for my tax? issue me a new tax disc with 2 months left?
AndyCorsaSport

17th Feb 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
Ah ok,Obviously with my tax running out in 2 months I'm thinking of waiting to put the plate on untill then....

what i mean is,If i bought the plate now,and it was on m,y car in 5 days.with only 2 months remaining what do they do for my tax? issue me a new tax disc with 2 months left?

Yes, i taxed my car end of Sept, put plate on end of Oct, gave me a tax disc with 5months remaining, with new plate on.
Colin

17th Feb 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they just give you a new printed tax disk with the remainder of the time on it & a brown envelope to send your old one in.
MarkSport

17th Feb 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate thats brilliant
AndyCorsaSport

17th Feb 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Yeah they just give you a new printed tax disk with the remainder of the time on it & a brown envelope to send your old one in.

Never did this with me, took it with me to hand in, she said they didnt need it
BlueCorsa

17th Feb 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it depends on the doovla office, my wife took hers to Nottingham and they gave her an envelope to post the old disk back, when I did mine at Birmingham, they just told me to bin it once I put the new one in...

Perhaps they just didn't trust her

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate help 22 database queries in 0.3550990 seconds