corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust troubles...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust troubles...
xXx_Nova_xXx

User status: Offline
20th Feb 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, someone help me!

Ive fitted many exhausts to my Corsa in a bid to make it "Loud", however no matter what backbox i fit it allways seems quiet (like standard)

The one i have currently fitted is the loudest i can find, however it looks like next doors bin

Ive got a twin one here 3" outward rolled tip, that i plan to fit (May cut and weld up one of the tips so its a single)

But it still seems really quiet, how can i make it louder? as when i fitted the same backbox to my Nova, it was incredibley loud!

Ive been told removing the cat helps, however wont this make it fail the Co2 emissions with epic proportions?

Someone help!!!
Adam_B

20th Feb 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will fail an MOT without the cat, have you swapped the silencer after the cat for a straight through pipe? that will make it loud.
rbailey88

20th Feb 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy a decat pipe but keep your cat and swap it back at mot time... job done.
nrgdd70
Premium Member

21st Feb 10 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just keep your standerd exhaust abd buy a full straight through from manifold to bacbox thats what i did just swap thm bak for the mot x
xXx_Nova_xXx

21st Feb 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
It will fail an MOT without the cat, have you swapped the silencer after the cat for a straight through pipe? that will make it loud.

No i havent, would it be cheaper to simply cut out the silencer and weld in a piece of tubing? I work at a bodyshop so could have this done in a day

Also how much louder are we talking? louder then removing the cat?
Root

21st Feb 10 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weren't some nova's made without a cat though? That would be the first reason why. If you want maximum exhaust noise, which, judging from your post, you do lol...it's quite obvious, there are things in the exhaust like the silencer and cat which block a lot of noise coming out, get a straight-through pipe with an aftermarket backbox and good manifold and you'll have a loud exhaust system.
steel

21st Feb 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xXx_Nova_xXx
quote:

No i havent, would it be cheaper to simply cut out the silencer and weld in a piece of tubing? I work at a bodyshop so could have this done in a day

very loud, my mate did this on his old 1.4 fiesta, straight through pipe with a cherry bomb (too loud though tbh)

nice backbox and decat makes a good difference, not too in your face if ya know what i meen

also a cone filter may give your car a more agressive engine/induction "roar" but not all to everyones taste, altho im chuffed with mine haha

[Edited on 21-02-2010 by steel]
Root

21st Feb 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steel
quote:
Originally posted by xXx_Nova_xXx
quote:

very loud, my mate did this on his old 1.4 fiesta, straight through pipe with a cherry bomb (too loud though tbh)

nice backbox and decat makes a good difference, not too in your face if ya know what i meen

aren't cherry bomb's the exhausts that are extremely loud? I've heard that they're not so reliable and get a LOT of police attention
steel

21st Feb 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep thats the one

the sound was horrible when your in the car going 70

wouldnt recomend, scorpion ftw
Firefly

22nd Feb 10 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one of the loudest 4 cylinders under 2L where i am. Ive got 4-1 headers to standard cat, 2 1/4in cat back with no resonators or mid mufflers and a 5 1/12in cannon. When i drive the streets i usually set all the car alarms off

[Edited on 22-02-2010 by Firefly]
Eddx14xe

22nd Feb 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steel
yep thats the one

the sound was horrible when your in the car going 70

wouldnt recomend, scorpion ftw

Ive got scorpion exhausts on my car and they do sound rather good, few people at college have said its sounds good aswel

New Poll