corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » TV Bracket

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TV Bracket
Andrew

User status: Offline
21st Feb 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a BEKO 1080p TV i use in the bedroom. Nothing facny but looks quite nice.

I need to put this on the wall due to space issues and has the holes at the back for a bracket. Where have people go there brackets from?

ssj_kakarot

21st Feb 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay cheap as out, its just bits of metal after all, cant justify some of the stupid prices people pay for branded versions.
Marc

21st Feb 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As its nothing flash, take your pick:

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&source=hp&q=tv+bracket+for+lcd+tv&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=iVSBS5HZBovNjAeS96XPBA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDAQrQQwAg
_Allan_

21st Feb 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a couple of B-Tech wall mounts now and they're cheap and never had any issues with them.
Andrew

21st Feb 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TV Brackets To Go look decent. £25 and i can send it back no questions asked. Will give them a try i think.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
As its nothing flash, take your pick:

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&source=hp&q=tv+bracket+for+lcd+tv&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=iVSBS5HZBovNjAeS96XPBA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDAQrQQwAg

Asking for advice, not insults...

Matt.H

21st Feb 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had mine from here. Think it was about 45 quid or so. Good quality and nice and secure which is what you want lol. http://www.theplasmacentre.com/
Nismo

21st Feb 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dekomount.com
CORSA NUT

21st Feb 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a Bush in the bedroom mate (32")

This was when we first moved in and is tidyed up now..

We got one from Tesco's for £25 and it was fine.Although because of the shit quality of the wall behind i ended up no more nailing a piece of Ply to the wall then just screwing the bracket to that with loads of small wood screws

[Edited on 21-02-2010 by CORSA NUT]
Andrew

21st Feb 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking i may have to do something simlar depending where the beams are.
Andrew

21st Feb 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300367806695&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
John

21st Feb 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have saved 25 quid and chapped the wall with your knuckle.

As long as you get one good fixing on a stud the other side can be a rawl plug.
Andrew

21st Feb 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John if you have nothing useful to say then say fuck all.

Do you no think i've tried that prior spending £25..

Something always useful to have anyway.
Ben G

22nd Feb 10 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use a vogel to hold my 42'' plasma up, does a good job.

my dad also uses a vogel tv bracket in the living room to hold a 50'' plasma and that also works fine, has done for a couple years now. it's a swivel one.

we both got these from costco when they were on offer, think they were 30-40 each.

[Edited on 22-02-2010 by Ben G]
Ben G

22nd Feb 10 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you're better off buying a well known name as if anything went wrong then at least you have some way to complain/get refunds.

not keen on the ebay stuff but then it's supposed to be alright.
ssj_kakarot

22nd Feb 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
and you're better off buying a well known name as if anything went wrong then at least you have some way to complain/get refunds.

you really think if a 50" plasma fell off the bracket and smashed they would replace it? i have a very hard time believing that, im sure they would just say its down to user error and tell you to go away, regardless if its a cheap bracket or an expensive brand

and like ive said before there just bits of metal seriously, what could go wrong?
John

22nd Feb 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum and dad have spent a fortune on vogels brackets from costco, about 100 a time, overly complicated waste of money, absolutely no better than my ebay ones considering it's a bit of sheet metal and a couple of screws, tv's don't just fall off walls.
oceansoul

22nd Feb 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
what could go wrong?

Famous last words.
Carl

22nd Feb 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine from amazon, found it the cheapest at the time. I had to bodge a bit of plywood so it spanned over enough beams.
ssj_kakarot

22nd Feb 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
what could go wrong?

Famous last words.

well mine was about £12 from ebay 3 years ago, its supported my brick of a 32" non branded hdtv and for the last yearish its had my 42" expensive sharp hdtv on it, and nothing has gone wrong.
Rob_Quads

23rd Feb 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

you really think if a 50" plasma fell off the bracket and smashed they would replace it? i have a very hard time believing that, im sure they would just say its down to user error and tell you to go away, regardless if its a cheap bracket or an expensive brand

and like ive said before there just bits of metal seriously, what could go wrong?

As you say you would have no hope in claiming as they would say you need to prove its been properly installed - which after the event will be var hard.

There is virtually nothing on them that can go wrong - the only thing that would cause them coming off the wall are poor fixings.

Even big brands don't make their own brackets, they all sub-contract out. When i was looking for mine i found a Sony bracket that was £129 - the exact same bracket was on ebay for £19.99 lol
scoob
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.theplasmacentre.com/tv_wall_bracket_info/212/samsung/50

fantastic service my bracket was here the next day £20 to cant complain, hasnt fallen off yet anyway

Ben G

24th Feb 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

i meant refund the bracket, not a 50'' plasma. that was contents insurance is for.

i just prefer well known brands really. not that they're any better. just because it's a bit more reassurance.

it's like buying nike trainers over diadora.
Andrew

24th Feb 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good that scoob. I may have to do simlar by building something up so i have something decent to screw into. Waiting for my new tool to arrive
ash_corsa

25th Feb 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
My mum and dad have spent a fortune on vogels brackets from costco, about 100 a time, overly complicated waste of money, absolutely no better than my ebay ones considering it's a bit of sheet metal and a couple of screws, tv's don't just fall off walls.

Bollocks, my mate bought one off ebay for a 40" Sony, I fitted it for him to a solid brick wall, 12months later the metal has started to bend and the telly looks pissed now.
Its a cantilever bracket, the movement is rough and it just feels unsteady.

Wouldnt have happend with a better quality bracket. The one he bought was about £25/30 made out of monkey-metal.

Ive fitted TV brackets costing over £300 before now, but would never spend that kind of money myself, just buy what you can afford but buy something you can trust.

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by ash_corsa]
John

25th Feb 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He just bought a shit bracket then, that doesn't mean all cheap ones will bend.

I'd also spend slightly more on a cantilever bracket than £25, although not much.

For non cantilevered it doesn't matter what kind of metal it's made from.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll