corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dvla and engine conversions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dvla and engine conversions
c-benn-c

User status: Offline
24th Feb 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you where to do an engine conversion how do you go about it with the dvla to regester it on the road so it is 100% legel? and what are the rules and regulations to doing conversions yourself etc....
Pip308

24th Feb 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i know, you need both original and new engine numbers and a letter on headed paper from the garage where the engine conversion was done.

if you done it yourself or previous own did it, go to your local mot station and ask them to 'MOT' it to verify that it is roadworthy.

dvla may ask you to bring the vehicle to a VOSA test centre to have it thougherly inspected
c-benn-c

24th Feb 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate sounds like abit of a headache imo looking to do a c16xe conversion very soon and i would prefer to be legel not like most people that do these engine conversions themselves

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by c-benn-c]
Generation

24th Feb 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I done mine, I sent of just new engine number and size. Got a letter back 3/4 weeks later saying, they need prrof of conversion, even garage that did it or a garages report on it. sent that of 2 weeks ago still heard nothing
Eddx14xe

24th Feb 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its good to see people that are actually declaring there conversion

Been looking at XE corsas on pistonheads and have only seen a few that are all legal and declared
oceansoul

24th Feb 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Its good to see people that are actually declaring there conversion

Pip308

24th Feb 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c-benn-c
cheers mate sounds like abit of a headache imo looking to do a c16xe conversion very soon and i would prefer to be legel not like most people that do these engine conversions themselves

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by c-benn-c]

out of interest, c16xe into what?

if its a 1ltr 3cyl then i wouldnt bother, look at my project corsa, its a ball ache, easier and cheaper to buy a 1.6 and swap any good bits accross
SteveoBC
Premium Member

24th Feb 10 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine took ages to be confirmed for my xe conversion but I didn't send off proof until I got a letter back asking for it, once I sent off an invoice for the engine swap from Jamsport with the engine number I still had to wait 3 weeks more for dvla to get off ther arse
Generation

24th Feb 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's shit you try and do the right thing, have to pay for it and still have to wait over a month, wish I sent mine off before i finihsed the conversion
andyc1234

24th Feb 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i changed mine they said i may need proof but they didnt ask for any in the end took over a month to come back though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dvla and engine conversions 22 database queries in 0.0087001 seconds