corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tyre pressure

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tyre pressure
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 10 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi I have cav slabs with 195/50/15 tyres running 34psi but am getting wear on the outer edges of the front tyres, backs seem ok at 34psi but the front obviously need more ..... does anyone know the correct pressure for the front? (its a 1.4 if that makes any difference)

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Bullet Proof SRi

3rd Mar 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you would want it lower then that more like 32 on the front, 30 on the back
Root

3rd Mar 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

over-inflation is usually the cause of wear in the center of the tyres, not the edges. So better get your tracking done.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

3rd Mar 10 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put 32/30 in them when I 1st got them on but they looked flat(ish) at the bottom so upped them to 34 all round (have a large install so back needs to be higher) back is fine now but as i say the front still looks a little flat and is wearing on the edges never had 50 profile before as previously ran low pro's on my old wheels

Bullet Proof SRi

3rd Mar 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
over-inflation is usually the cause of wear in the center of the tyres, not the edges. So better get your tracking done.

as root said , get the tracking checked
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

3rd Mar 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I will have that checked as it has been about a year since I have had it done ....
would changing the wheels put it out? as tracking was done when I was still running daft 17's

Root

3rd Mar 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by basslinecorsa
OK I will have that checked as it has been about a year since I have had it done ....
would changing the wheels put it out? as tracking was done when I was still running daft 17's

it shouldn't do as they usually track it at the track rod end.

But if it's been a year and you're saying it's wearing on the edges, either you're ragging it around corners too quick or you need your tracking looked at.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

3rd Mar 10 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ummm well I do tend to drive it pretty hard ... no power means I have to carry as much as possible through the corners

New Poll